FPV monocular hacks?

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m curious if anyone here has successfuly hacked devices intended for other markets to be used as a FPV solution, while also maintaining LOS? I’m thinking of devices like the Garmin Varia Vision, or the Everysight Raptor? These are offerings in the cycling world, but....seems they might be helpful in the sUAS context.

I have reached out to both Garmin and Everysite. If they respond with anything interesting, I’ll post it here.

I have followed the progress of HUD glasses, smart eye wear and similar things for some years. It doesn't seems to be any perfect solution available to the open market yet. My main interest have been for the use during motorbike (offroad) navigation with the use of waypoints and a see trough map visible on one eye.
There are though looking more and more promising:

The best augmented reality glasses 2018: Snap, Vuzix, ODG, Sony & more

LiveMap: Motorcycle smart helmet with Augmented Reality navigation

Augmented Reality Glasses: What You Can Buy Now (or Soon)

8 of the Wildest Augmented Reality Glasses You Haven't Seen Yet « Next Reality

I am new to the drone business but interested in all kind of technology. And if it would be possible to use some smart eyewear for maps and videofeed it must be possible to use as a fpv for UAVs.

Please keep us informed with your progress

Last edited:
I have followed the progress of HUD glasses, smart eye wear and similar things for some years. It doesn't seems to be any perfect solution available to the open market yet. My main interest have been for the use during motorbike (offroad) navigation with the use of waypoints and a see trough map visible on one eye.
There are though looking more and more promising:

The best augmented reality glasses 2018: Snap, Vuzix, ODG, Sony & more

LiveMap: Motorcycle smart helmet with Augmented Reality navigation

Augmented Reality Glasses: What You Can Buy Now (or Soon)

8 of the Wildest Augmented Reality Glasses You Haven't Seen Yet « Next Reality

I am new to the drone business but interested in all kind of technology. And if it would be possible to use some smart eyewear for maps and videofeed it must be possible to use as a fpv for UAVs.

Please keep us informed with your progress

Thanks very much for your reply. Sounds like you imagine the value the same way. I had high-hopes for the Garmin Varia Vision for cycling but it was released with waaay to many bugs. The imagery was excellent but the ability to set datafields simply didnt work.

When I contacted Garmin recently, their response was that they had never considered the FPV UseCase “but thanks for the suggestion”.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers