FPV Goggles

Reaction score
Looking to purchase FPV goggles. anyone have experience with Avegant Glyphs? I've flown my Pro 3 with Vuzix iWear and they're pretty awesome. Not into racing just cruising, photos and videos. Can't find any independent reviews from pilots using the Glyphs. Thanks!

I have the glyph.
I like that you can easily view the FPV and your RC by just moving your eyes. The picture is a smaller FOV but quite bright and visual. The video on the RC goes out when the HDMI is plugged in but the telemetry is still there and also in the Glyph view.
For me, it is difficult to adjust in order to see all the info available. When moving your eyes to see corners you lose areas of info. It feels as if I can't get far enough into the viewing area. It's not very comfortable but I will keep it pending more info on the DJI Goggles with the Mavic.

I have the glyph.
I like that you can easily view the FPV and your RC by just moving your eyes. The picture is a smaller FOV but quite bright and visual. The video on the RC goes out when the HDMI is plugged in but the telemetry is still there and also in the Glyph view.
For me, it is difficult to adjust in order to see all the info available. When moving your eyes to see corners you lose areas of info. It feels as if I can't get far enough into the viewing area. It's not very comfortable but I will keep it pending more info on the DJI Goggles with the Mavic.
The Glyphs seem to be smaller, lighter and less bulky than the Vuzix. So, you loose the camera view on the RC/iPad? With the Vuzix you have both which is nice when someone else is wearing the headset. And, with the Vuzix info is always easy to read. The Vuzix is a bit heavy and not very comfortable for long periods but I just fly 2 batterys' worth so it's not that bad. Thanks!

I have the glyph.
...The video on the RC goes out when the HDMI is plugged in but the telemetry is still there and also in the Glyph view.

@Gary Elliott @sonof40

There is a setting in the DJI Go app for simultaneous RC and HDMI output, which will keep the video on the RC from going out when plugged into the Glyph using HDMI.

As shown in this video:

Glyphs are going for $439 currently.. which is a great price!

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Good to know. I did, however, return the Glyph for a full refund. The next day they came out with a $150 price reduction. So I think I dodged a bullet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20