FPV goggles.........

I have a pair, but have not been able to use them. The focal point is WAY too close for me, and I had my ophthalmologist make a pair of glasses just for the purpose. My regular reading glasses are 1.5 diopters, and they didn't come close to letting me see properly. In all fairness, I should have just gone to Walmart and picked out various reading glasses until I found the right strength to work.

There are apparently enough people on the market with my problem that someone has come up with special lenses to master the very short focal point, but I haven't gotten any yet.

I also found that using the FPV device was very demanding and physically disorienting. It would take a great deal of practice to master, and I got motion sick just trying them out. I'm sure that the eye strain was a big part of the problem.

If. like myself, you are thinking about FPV because of daylight glare problems on your controller, I'd look more at the various hoods to see the regular viewer with. My experience with the FPV viewer wasn't too favorable.

Maybe look for a cheaper used unit?

Thanks for that very informative reply pdqdl. I think I'll give them a miss even at that price. I easily get motion sickness so this would probably be the case.

Cheers

Thanks for that very informative reply pdqdl. I think I'll give them a miss even at that price. I easily get motion sickness so this would probably be the case.

Cheers
Cheddarman don't let that spook you away from goggles . I fly the Mavic Pro , Mavic Air 2 and the Phantom 4 Pro with goggles
and I had the same problem , till I read enough about the subject to find you need at least one full number up from your normal
prescription to as much as double the number (1.5 go 2.5 to a full 3 ) . I have the first DJI white goggles and I bought cheap
glasses to find the right number then I ordered the fitted lenses from ebay and BAM ! I could see bigtime wow what an experience . There is nothing like it you go from a phone or tablet size screen to a 144 inch 1080P wall to wall screen . All
that little stuff you didn't see is suddenly there in real life , like highline wires twigs and a million other things you've been missing . I have to use a HDMI cable with My P4P and MA2 but the Mavic pro is wireless and I think the P4P2.0 is also . I would
say buy a set of real DJI goggles NOT THE FPV goggles as they are a different animal all together but they work different . You
can find the DJI White goggles much cheaper now on ebay maybe Amazon . I'm almost 65 and need cheaters and the fitted
lenses just snap into the goggles . With a HDMI cable the White goggles will work with anything with a HDMI output TV Xbox
and many other things . I wouldn't sell mine for double what I payed for them . If you don't like the experience , sell them .
PS. make sure your sitting down for your first flight just to be safe .

Cheers Boxman, very encouraging and tempting.
I'll look into it. I believe I'll need an HDMI adapter for my P3A to power the goggles. As an 83yo UK pensioner I sure don't have a lot of spare so things will have to be CHEAP😩

YIKES! Just seen the prices on the DJI Goggles, WAY out of my budget, more than two weeks pension!!

Last edited:
Cheers Boxman, very encouraging and tempting.
I'll look into it. I believe I'll need an HDMI adapter for my P3A to power the goggles. As an 83yo UK pensioner I sure don't have a lot of spare so things will have to be CHEAP😩

YIKES! Just seen the prices on the DJI Goggles, WAY out of my budget, more than two weeks pension!!
I bought a set from Ebay when there was only the white and the black racing version (not the new ones with 4 antenna sticking out of the face . I fully understand the budget problem I am retired and disabled and don't get much either . So I got online
(Ebay) and found this post maybe it will help . You don't have to power the goggles they have a built in rechargeable battery
but you do need a HDMI output on your radio controller . Mine on P4P is mini to micro on the goggles . Unless they have been
dropped really hard or something like that there is not much to go wrong with them so the set in this post should be in good shape . You might also post your max budget and someone on PhantomPilots may have a old set from when they upgraded . Good luck finding any any cheaper than this though .

I bought a set from Ebay when there was only the white and the black racing version (not the new ones with 4 antenna sticking out of the face . I fully understand the budget problem I am retired and disabled and don't get much either . So I got online
(Ebay) and found this post maybe it will help . You don't have to power the goggles they have a built in rechargeable battery
but you do need a HDMI output on your radio controller . Mine on P4P is mini to micro on the goggles . Unless they have been
dropped really hard or something like that there is not much to go wrong with them so the set in this post should be in good shape . You might also post your max budget and someone on PhantomPilots may have a old set from when they upgraded . Good luck finding any any cheaper than this though .
Oops sorry didn't see that was the bid . The reason DJI cost so much is because , it works .

I'm using these, with a cinewhoop that I built, although they have an HDMI in. There's also room for glasses and you can take off the shroud and look around the goggles to see your drone, which was much more comforting for me at first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers