FPV Goggles App... Low Cost Goggles Solution?

k, check this out: http://www.zeiss.com/corporate/en_us/zeiss-vr-one.html

These are MADE for iPhone 6 side-by-side viewing, they are relatively cheap @ about $100, and they are very very light. I have a pair, but DJI never made their app compatible, as they had promised many months ago, according to Zeiss.

The VR one has a haptic sensor for tapping feedback, as well as gyro/accelerometer which can in combination be used to enable and control a cursor. It's the perfect device for you to keep in mind when developing your app - just sayin...

Those signed up beta testers should receive an invite email from Apple. You may follow the procedure to install TestFlight and FPV Camera beta.

Please refer to "Touchless UI" section in About > FPV Camera > Features in order to control the app in goggles mode. I also copy-and-paste it below for your easy reference.

7. Touchless UI
Many pilots prefer to keep both hands on the remote controller. Our unique and creative "Touchless UI" allows pilots to control the app without touching screen.
• Press and hold C2 button 2 seconds to pop-up Settings menu.
• Use right-dial to scroll through the menu, and click right-dial to select an item or a sub-menu.
• For slider, click right-dial to enter and turn right-dial to proper value then click right-dial again to set the value.
• Click C2 once to go back to previous menu.

k, check this out: http://www.zeiss.com/corporate/en_us/zeiss-vr-one.html

These are MADE for iPhone 6 side-by-side viewing, they are relatively cheap @ about $100, and they are very very light. I have a pair, but DJI never made their app compatible, as they had promised many months ago, according to Zeiss.

The VR one has a haptic sensor for tapping feedback, as well as gyro/accelerometer which can in combination be used to enable and control a cursor. It's the perfect device for you to keep in mind when developing your app - just sayin...
Thanks for the information. We are well aware of Zeiss VR One, which is well made German goggles. Unfortunately, it's tray only support iPhone 6 (not my 6+) and Samsung S5 (plus a few downloadable 3D print trays). The close compartment might cause iPhone overheating and app lagging.

Thanks for the information. We are well aware of Zeiss VR One, which is well made German goggles. Unfortunately, it's tray only support iPhone 6 (not my 6+) and Samsung S5 (plus a few downloadable 3D print trays). The close compartment might cause iPhone overheating and app lagging.

How can I PM you to give u my Apple ID email?

Is any app on Android to converts live video feed to side-by-side format for watching with goggles?

I've tested this app out in SBS mode. works amazingly well with. ery little lag. great job.

there is an android app which also does SBS FPV: litchi.

Enybody know any app on Android to converts live video to side-by-side format for watching with VR goggles?

A new beta version (#1457) is available in TestFlight.
11742900_608681065901370_8802197664504419_n.jpg

Last edited:
I updated mine this morning. My FPV goggles come today. I can't wait to try them out with your app.

Here's some VR Box clones that I just received from Amazon for $30 to use on my iPhone 6 Plus. I did a rough try out and they seem to look pretty nice with the app mentioned in this thread. Hopefully the rain Gods will give me a break after work so I can fully try them out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010HC3XPO/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Milehighdesign

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.