FPV for Phantom1

Sorry to hijack the thread.... last time, I promise lol.

So here's the road I'm thinking of going down:
Immersion 600mw 5.8 Tx
Immersion 5.8 Uno Rx (going single to start off with and to save $$)
Fat Shark Teleporter V3 goggles
FPVLR Antennae
Immersion RC Plug And Play Cable for GoPro

Any issues with that set up or anything missing? Not looking for a fancy bit of stuff, it's just for framing shots.

Many thanks!

That all sounds good to me.

I see in your sig you have Dinogy 2800 Lipos. How long is your flight time? I bought a couple more batteries from Readymade RC just so I can stay out longer, but I'm going getting about 9 minutes of flight time. with 4 batteries, I'm having enough fun, but wouldn't staying up longer.

I'm in love with that P1>P2 shell thread that Dewey and IO post in. I'm contemplating doing that conversion just to hold 2 batteries.... That is further down the road from now.

ATOMSK said:
I see in your sig you have Dinogy 2800 Lipos. How long is your flight time? I bought a couple more batteries from Readymade RC just so I can stay out longer, but I'm going getting about 9 minutes of flight time. with 4 batteries, I'm having enough fun, but wouldn't staying up longer.

The Dinogy 2800's gave the best results out of the several brands of P1-sized batteries I tested. On a loaded Phantom (H3-3D/iOSD mini/FPV) they could get me to just a bit over 10 min in hover tests, so you might be able to milk just a bit more out of them than that with regular flying.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the new Multistar 4000mAh 3S will quite fit in a P1 (based on published dimensions), otherwise that would be the no-brainer option to use. :(

ATOMSK said:
would that Multistar 4000mAh 3S fit into a P2 shell?

Probably. It definitely will width-wise, and the height will probably be tight but workable. The length however may require a deeper than usual battery cover.

I'd go with the 5200mAh in that scenario anyway though ;)

ATOMSK said:

I'm in love with that P1>P2 shell thread that Dewey and IO post in. I'm contemplating doing that conversion just to hold 2 batteries.... That is further down the road from now.

ATOMSK said:

Thanks for the reply!

So far I'm liking the Dinogy batteries. If I fly with a heavy left thumb I get about 9 minutes. With typical flying (for me anyways) I can get 11:30. They are a tight squeeze in the P1 and I had to cut some holes in the battery door and belly to run the battery wires externally. No room in the belly for the battery and the wires lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 372

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl