FPV Camera (iOS app) Beta Testing – Possibly Resolve FPV Lagging

Reaction score
We are about to start beta testing of a brand new FPV Camera for Phantom 3 (iOS app). Some P3 pilots may experience serious FPV lagging, skipping and stuttering issues on DJI Pilot app. FPV Camera is likely to address 90% of those issues. If you are willing to be a beta tester, please take a look of our preferred requirements below, and PM me your iDevice UUID and Apple ID (email address to sign-in App Store).

Preferred Beta Testing Requirements
- Using compatible iOS device
- Experienced aforementioned FPV lagging issue on DJI Pilot app
- Willing to test and report back your test results within 1 week
- Willing to share your good/bad experience to the community

11391508_591486874287456_4646314194027140351_n.jpg

11267237_591486897620787_2304593337330653530_n.jpg

When do you plan to have your app ready? Also can you give any details of the app capabilities. Way-points, POI, Cruise control, google earth etc.

What about FPV Camera app for Android?
We briefly tested the Android SDK a few months ago. We found it's very resources demanding on various Android devices like DJI Pilot app, which cause serious FPV lagging. Let's see how the new version of Android SDK (or firmware) lowering resources requirements.

Like theres no graph shows ur battery time left, or the RC BATTERY. To,
Is that the full face for the beta ?!?but for both cases i do prefer to have alternative app fo flow our birds , i guess the best way is to purplish it and let all other use it as a trail , will got more feedbacks , and more different experiences around the world, .

Like theres no graph shows ur battery time left, or the RC BATTERY. To,
Is that the full face for the beta ?!?but for both cases i do prefer to have alternative app fo flow our birds , i guess the best way is to purplish it and let all other use it as a trail , will got more feedbacks , and more different experiences around the world, .
Battery Meter is shown at the bottom status bar with estimated battery remaining time and percentage.

You may take a look https://www.facebook.com/notes/fpv-booster/fpv-camera-for-phantom-3-ios/591471717622305

Having a couple houses in town, I will love it when this app is on my device. The only warning I have, as a victim of a surprise battery depletion, is to put a tracking device on that bird JUST IN CASE.

I can't even get my camera to work on this app. Screen stays black and said its connected and home point locked safe to fly. What a waste

Bought this app and the add on goggles.

Having a couple houses in town, I will love it when this app is on my device. The only warning I have, as a victim of a surprise battery depletion, is to put a tracking device on that bird JUST IN CASE.
Rapid battery depletion is usually caused by dead (almost dead) or swollen battery.

FPV Camera built in "Weak Battery" custom warning to detect which is the weak battery cell to alert users proactively even during takeoff, instead of too late to fly back home when you see battery level is dropping rapidly.

I can't even get my camera to work on this app. Screen stays black and said its connected and home point locked safe to fly. What a waste

Bought this app and the add on goggles.
Please refer to *** Important Notes *** section in Help > FPV Camera > Features for details.

If this is not the case, please use Help > FPV Camera > Report a Problem to email tech support with screenshots to illustrate and elaborate what's the problem.

Please refer to *** Important Notes *** section in Help > FPV Camera > Features for details.

If this is not the case, please use Help > FPV Camera > Report a Problem to email tech support with screenshots to illustrate and elaborate what's the problem.

Tried that and now my camera goes on for half a second then freezes. The phantom is connected, I can see the battery life/home point locked but no camera. Guess I'll have to email tech support.

Tried that and now my camera goes on for half a second then freezes. The phantom is connected, I can see the battery life/home point locked but no camera. Guess I'll have to email tech support.
If you have P3A, you may try to disable Hardware Decoder in Advanced menu as stated in "Important Notes".

If you have P3A, you may try to disable Hardware Decoder in Advanced menu as stated in "Important Notes".

NICE! that worked perfectly. I got a critical low battery cell warning for 1 sec I quickly landed it. I loaded up the DJI GO app and battery cells looked okay, one of the would drop 0.3v more than the others. I know its not related to the App, any suggestions tho? thanks for the help

NICE! that worked perfectly. I got a critical low battery cell warning for 1 sec I quickly landed it. I loaded up the DJI GO app and battery cells looked okay, one of the would drop 0.3v more than the others. I know its not related to the App, any suggestions tho? thanks for the help
I bet it's a Weak Battery warning saying “Weak Battery cell#X, 9.999V, 999mV lower”. Pay attention to that battery. If a cell is always 0.3v (300mV) lower than others with loading, that battery is likely going to fail soon or later. It might cause forced landing even you have certain high % battery level.

Last edited:
I bet it's a Weak Battery warning saying “Weak Battery cell#X, 9.999V, 999mV lower”. Pay attention to that battery. If a cell is always 0.3v (300mV) lower than others with loading, that battery is likely going to fail soon or later. It might cause forced landing even you have certain high % battery level.

it looked like this when I used the DJI GO APP. the battery cell level only dropped like this every 5 min once I reached 50% but before that they were all leveled.

Attachments

• IMG_3597.PNG
    IMG_3597.PNG
    256.9 KB · Views: 394

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers