FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster App DOUBLE FPV Range

Now, now, calm down.
Android OS is great in something & iOS is good for some other. It's not always the OS issue but making stable support for all devices.

I may sounded like a **** saying developing for android is a *****. There are many reasons why more developers cover in order of iOS>Android>windows.

If you guys like to talk more about coding side of things, we should open a different subject where we can discuss that? It may help folks whom already released range apps bring release faster?

What about phantom 2 vision (not +) .

Please answer me .......

spak73 said:
What about phantom 2 vision (not +) .

Please answer me .......

They plan on supporting the "Classic" Vision, but it will be a while still, weeks to months.

Onezerosix141 said:
victor said:
PVFlyer,
how do you find the reflection on the nexus 7 display when outside in daylight?
Iphones/Ipads are horrible!
For me one of the biggest problems for using the fpv on vision+ is by far screen reflection! (even after using a specially made sun visor)

I made visor out of cardboard box & black rubber spray paint. The issue with going bigger screen is you'll have to have better adjusting tools/stand plus device that has good screen.
I have iPad, iPad mini, iphone, nexus7, & galaxy note8. I stopped using nexus & galaxy because they don't handle bright sunlight as well as iOS devices. If you're stuck using nexus7, I would make the visor long and keep the screen on a tripod & upright position

I tried a ipad mini in sunlight and I found it horrible when compared to galaxy note3 with Amoled display technology.
I don't beleive the note8 you used has amoled display.

I'm personnally shopping for a new phone right now to use with my vision+, and so far from what I tried the amoled displays seem best in sunlight!
What do you guys think?

Onezerosix141 said:
victor said:
PVFlyer,
how do you find the reflection on the nexus 7 display when outside in daylight?
Iphones/Ipads are horrible!
For me one of the biggest problems for using the fpv on vision+ is by far screen reflection! (even after using a specially made sun visor)

I made visor out of cardboard box & black rubber spray paint. The issue with going bigger screen is you'll have to have better adjusting tools/stand plus device that has good screen.
I have iPad, iPad mini, iphone, nexus7, & galaxy note8. I stopped using nexus & galaxy because they don't handle bright sunlight as well as iOS devices. If you're stuck using nexus7, I would make the visor long and keep the screen on a tripod & upright position
I found both Nexus 7 and iDevices (basically any mobile device) are having similar reflection issue under the sun even I put on anti-glare film or sun visor. It's getting worse when we need aiming the repeater/antenna to our bird, and there is not much room/angle for adjusting FPV device. Goggle seems the best way to resolve glare issue, but there are various other problems (such as compatibility issues with Vision app, Google Play unavailable on Epson BT-200 and under power to handle Vision app streaming) and high price tag.

Recently, I have ordered an universal VR (Virtual Reality) 3D video glasses similar to http://www.dx.com/p/colorcross-universa ... _U7Ru8cRUY. If it works, then both anti-glare and CH-7 tilting issues are resolved, while we tilt the camera with our head.

I also plan to explore the feasibility of 3D VR FPV on Vision app, in conjunction with Google Cardboard SDK. This could be an amazing 3D VR FPV experience. Obviously, this is Android only fun if it works.

I double stickied washers on the back of my ipad case. The magnets on the hood vision work great with this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 475

Geert said:
RemE said:
I use an iPad mini retina with a Hood, works great outdoors;
http://www.hoodivision.com/#!for-ipad-mini/cs5j

Same here. Very happy with that solution after trying several others.
Wanna make sure that I can read the FPV Booster App on my screen when the new version will be released.

:)

Geert./.

Geert, do you have the magnetic one?

srandall25 said:
I double stickied washers on the back of my ipad case. The magnets on the hood vision work great with this.

Very clever! The front magnets on the iPad mini are a bit weak. The newer hoods use a permanent sticky material that is so-so.

Hey PVFlyer,
I have a new personal record. :mrgreen:
Only used a 5.8G 14dbi Flat Panel Antenna. :mrgreen:
I only forget to put on the record button at the beginning :|
Booster app was on. :cool:
Can you update my record?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 439
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 456

M.Tigelaar said:
Hey PVFlyer,
Wow, that's a great range with stock Wifi! May I know which version (iOS/Android) did you use? What's the Preview Quality (resolution/fps) did you set?

I probably need to add a section of Top 10 Scoreboard in the OP. :cool:

M.Tigelaar said:
Geert said:
RemE said:
I use an iPad mini retina with a Hood, works great outdoors;
http://www.hoodivision.com/#!for-ipad-mini/cs5j

Same here. Very happy with that solution after trying several others.
Wanna make sure that I can read the FPV Booster App on my screen when the new version will be released.

:)

Geert./.

Geert, do you have the magnetic one?
I would avoid using any magnetic stuff closing to my current FPV device Nexus 7 (2103). As I recalled months ago when flying original P2V, the radar (red arrow orientation) was way off one day all of a sudden on my Nexus 7 (2012) during pre-flight check. It ended up due to I put a magnetic cover (with sleep/wake feature) interfering the compass of N7. When I took off the cover and re-calibrated the compass of N7, then the radar worked properly.

However, my iPad is using genuine Apple magnetic cover, which is always working fine though I only use iPad for testing on the ground instead of flying.

I've had no compass issues with the iPad mini and the Hoodi magnetic hood. The only compass issues I had were with the Moverio goggles, the radar was way off, yet another reason for their return.

PVFlyer said:
M.Tigelaar said:
Hey PVFlyer,
Wow, that's a great range with stock Wifi! May I know which version (iOS/Android) did you use? What's the Preview Quality (resolution/fps) did you set?

I probably need to add a section of Top 10 Scoreboard in the OP. :cool:

iOS 7.1.1 on a ipad mini (the 1e non retina)
640x480 15fps :D
And next to powerlines ! :lol: :lol:
http://youtu.be/OhrTXsHApJ0

M.Tigelaar said:
iOS 7.1.1 on a ipad mini (the 1e non retina)
640x480 15fps :D
And next to powerlines ! :lol: :lol:
http://youtu.be/OhrTXsHApJ0
As you are on iOS, I assume you are running the iOS booster app V2. There is a HUGE improvement comparing to your previous reported range 1600m with V1, and now 2600m with V2. Other than FPV range, do you 'feel' other improvements, such as less video glitches when yawing or flying near powerlines?

Anyway, I have added a new section of "FPV Booster Top-10 Range Scoreboard" after FAQ section in the OP, and updated your record (ranked #3) in the scoreboard.

Yes it is V2.
No glitches at all next to the powerlines, but thats also without de booster app. ;)
The first time was the RC the limit, this time I have the 14dbi Flat Panel on the RC :D
The wifi is now the limit :cool:

M.Tigelaar said:
Yes it is V2.
No glitches at all next to the powerlines, but thats also without de booster app. ;)
The first time was the RC the limit, this time I have the 14dbi Flat Panel on the RC :D
The wifi is now the limit :cool:
I think your 2.6km FPV range with stock Wifi at 640x480 15fps is way more than enough for general use, unless you are hunting for whatever records on scoreboards. Personally, I prefer to fly LEGALLY. I bet most of the records on other scoreboards exceeding legal RF power limit. For instance, my local legal 2.4G and 5.8G EIRP are 36dBm, which is probably the same as US FCC limit while EC could be lower.

Anyway, fly safe and happy flying! ;)

Without reading through all 188 pages is there a quick summary?

Also I noticed there are two apps in the Google Play store, one called Vision+ Utility Pro and another one called Phantom 2 Vision Range Booster. They both seem to use the same technique to boost the FPV range but the first app seems to have more/other features as well and I guess that's the reason why it's twice as much looking at the price tag?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna