FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster App DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
Android Vision app has been available for Android phone ONLY since day-one in Google Play store. For Android tablets, you may download/install the latest version at http://m.dji.net/djivision, or previous versions from http://droneslinger.com/software.html. You may need to calibrate the compass of your Android tablet for radar functioning properly.

I think the reply from Tech Support missed a key word "tablet" as "It is not recommend to use android tablet on p2v+ app."
Thanks PVFlyer, I hope you are right about Android. In parallel, I've sent them an email requiring an explanation/confirmation.
For the radar function, unfortunately, it seems that there is a real issue (has been addressed in another thread and in our french forum as well) with Nexus 3-axis compass.
By chance, it does not prevent from flying !
Thanks also for the droneslinger link. Good to know !
The m.dji.net send me to the AppleStore :?

ToddSmi said:
NCAAwrestling said:
Dear PVFlyer and others,

Did you all see this on the other forum?
=========================================
I sent an email to DJI asking if they plan on making the latest DJI Vision phone app compatible with the latest Nexus 7 tablet soon? I can't use the new features like battery level
indicator, etc"

The reply I got from DJI was...

It is not recommend to use android on p2v+ app.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH
_________

What's up with this! They don't recommend Android for the p2v+. Can anyone who has valid information speak to this?

The DJI app works fine on my Nexus 7 (2012) version. You just need to sideload the app using this link from within your nexus web browser http://m.dji.net/djivision but first be sure to enable unknown sources in android security settings.

That's what I did and it works.

My experience with DJI is a lot gets lost in the translation.

I am positive most my correspondence is not understood.

PVFlyer said:
sbarton said:
Is the V2 app available for Android? Only see V1 I think.
We updated the booster app of iOS V2 in late July. We target to update Android V2 in late August or early September.

Ok late August or early September for Android.

We wait for FPV Booster Pro with Channel 7 !!!

RemE said:
PVFlyer said:
Mori55 said:
Thanks for the answer. ! That's why I've been waiting for you App , you guys are the best at this stuff !
When we designed the Pro version, I kept in mind with a very intuitive UI and simple operation by a single click, then you are ready to take off. I know well that how we all wait impatiently for 6 satellites to lock home point.

It's very clean maybe too clean, but not that intuitive to people not on this forum. Personally I would reduce the size of the Phantom photo and add some simple text to explain things a little more;

1- I would change the Ch 7 text to read something like "Use TX Tilt Control" (Ch7). And perhaps a note that Ch7 lever kit required for the transmitter to use this feature.

2- I would label the slider "Flying Conditions (R/F Noise Conditions)"

3- Instead of 1-2-3 I would have "Open Area" - "Semi-Urban" - "Dense Urban"

Just some thoughts!
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. We tried to use longer labels as you suggested, but the UI seemed a bit messy and could not fit in 1-page (still need to support 3.5" shorter screen). We are considering the following UI changes.

1. Make the page scrollable to display more information;
2. Move up the BOOST button in front of the settings, while pilots can simply click it without scrolling down if no change required;
3. Add some descriptions (with smaller font) under each setting to explain the details;

We expect Pro users should be knowledgeable to understand the descriptions. Hope they would not mix up TX as Texas, what is RF, why Ch7 lever kit required, etc.

PVFlyer said:
RemE said:
PVFlyer said:
When we designed the Pro version, I kept in mind with a very intuitive UI and simple operation by a single click, then you are ready to take off. I know well that how we all wait impatiently for 6 satellites to lock home point.

It's very clean maybe too clean, but not that intuitive to people not on this forum. Personally I would reduce the size of the Phantom photo and add some simple text to explain things a little more;

1- I would change the Ch 7 text to read something like "Use TX Tilt Control" (Ch7). And perhaps a note that Ch7 lever kit required for the transmitter to use this feature.

2- I would label the slider "Flying Conditions (R/F Noise Conditions)"

3- Instead of 1-2-3 I would have "Open Area" - "Semi-Urban" - "Dense Urban"

Just some thoughts!
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. We tried to use longer labels as you suggested, but the UI seemed a bit messy and could not fit in 1-page (still need to support 3.5" shorter screen). We are considering the following UI changes.

2. Move up the BOOST button in front of the settings, while pilots can simply click it without scrolling down if no change required;
3. Add some descriptions (with smaller font) under each setting to explain the details;

We expect Pro users should be knowledgeable to understand the descriptions. Hope they would not mix up TX as Texas, what is RF, why Ch7 lever kit required, etc.

I like the idea of text descriptions as well (either at bottom as you mentioned or maybe when hovering over the individual item or something like that). If that's not possible, then maybe a link on main app page to a webpage with short manual/descriptions. Of course, you will still get tons of emails/questions/misuse no matter how clear it is, but if you can cut that down by 25% that is better than nothing!

@PVFLYER - Do you have a recommended link for purchasing the channel 7 parts that you would 'expect' to work well with your soon to be channel 7 solution? I'm willing to take the chance and pre-order the inexpensive part in the event your solution works... I would just like to have the parts on hand and ready for when the app is released. Thank you.

PVFlyer said:

My thought is that "Pro Users" may not be as savvy as you think, some small font descriptions would help I think. Just my opinion.

srandall25 said:
@PVFLYER - Do you have a recommended link for purchasing the channel 7 parts that you would 'expect' to work well with your soon to be channel 7 solution? I'm willing to take the chance and pre-order the inexpensive part in the event your solution works... I would just like to have the parts on hand and ready for when the app is released. Thank you.
Just use the DJI CHANNEL SEVEN LEVER KIT. that's all you need.

srandall25 said:
I use a cheap $6 CH-7 lever kit similar to http://www.amazon.com/Hobbypower-Contro ... B00L575D86. It's far from perfect, but working fine so far.

There are plenty of CH-7 slide levers available in the market (around $10-$15). You may Google search or check out theses below:
http://www.amazon.com/Pitch-Control-Pha ... B00IIO0GHW
http://www.aerialdroid.com/eshop/multir ... s/199.html

When will version2 of this booster app be available for android phone please?

My dev. buddy has been struggling and troubleshooting a tiny (very tiny) bug of CH-7 coding in the past few days. Debugging is a tedious job but time consuming, especially we both know it's just a tiny bug but get stuck for the time being. Anyhow, I'm confidence to get it fixed in the next few days, and will keep you posted.

PVFlyer said:
My dev. buddy has been struggling and troubleshooting a tiny (very tiny) bug of CH-7 coding in the past few days. Debugging is a tedious job but time consuming, especially we both know it's just a tiny bug but get stuck for the time being. Anyhow, I'm confidence to get it fixed in the next few days, and will keep you posted.

boooya! you guys will make a killing.

victor said:
I would like to know this as well

victor said:

Please, please take the time to review the previous posts. This question was answered only three pages ago..

sbarton wrote:
Is the V2 app available for Android? Only see V1 I think.

Answer:
We updated the booster app of iOS V2 in late July. We target to update Android V2 in late August or early September.

I'm sorry if I sound rude, but I would rather they spend their time on development not answering repetitive questions....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves