FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
LMC said:
Loooooooong distance FPV must have good flying skill can help the bird back home :twisted:
Absolutely agree. ;) You have very good long range FPV flying skill, push to the limit every time and have safe flight home.

BTW, what preview quality did you use in all 6 tests?

@640/15fps

Alienz said:
Hi guys, I'm new to the P2V+ and been amazed,reading all the fantastic distances everyone is getting with the P2V+ :)
Really impressed.

At the same time, I'm getting really envious and frustrated as I can't even reach more than 750 ft distance at a height of 200ft without losing visual on my iPad and then it goes into RTH. I'm running fully stock P2V+ (bird & transmitter), except for the Wifi booster app that I activate before each flight.

Anyone can advise if I'm doing something wrong? Really appreciate any advise.

are you keeping a consistent line of sight between your transmitter and the phantom? Trees, buildings..anything at all that gets in the way will break FPV and transmission control. Also, are you aiming the top of your range extender towards the Phantom at all times? Is the long side of your transmitter antenna always facing your Phantom?

Alienz said:
Hi guys, I'm new to the P2V+ and been amazed,reading all the fantastic distances everyone is getting with the P2V+ :)
Really impressed.

At the same time, I'm getting really envious and frustrated as I can't even reach more than 750 ft distance at a height of 200ft without losing visual on my iPad and then it goes into RTH. I'm running fully stock P2V+ (bird & transmitter), except for the Wifi booster app that I activate before each flight.

Anyone can advise if I'm doing something wrong? Really appreciate any advise.
First comes first, I advise to read the manual throughout to learn all the basics. The booster app is only for improving 2.4G FPV range, which could not help the 5.8G control range. Your RTH is due to lost control signal of 5.8G control link. You may check (1) transmitter in EC or FCC mode (2) 5.8G antenna (rubber ducky) orientation (3) use good quality alkaline AA batteries & avoid using rechargeable AA batteries.

Don't use Ground Station until you know the behavior of your aircraft and setup. I almost crashed mine to a light pole due to incorrect Altitude reported from the aircraft. Fortunately, I took over control within 0.5 second to avoid the crash.

Don't get jealous about those crazy distance achieved by some experienced pilots with the booster app in this thread. Fly safe and have fun. :)

Why it will not let me download it for free for the iPad Although I bought it for the iPhone?

Aviary.bro said:
Why it will not let me download it for free for the iPad Although I bought it for the iPhone?
If you use the same iTunes account, you should be able to download it again to iPad for free. I guess you probably could not locate the app in iPad App Store, since this app is classified as iPhone app (same as DJI Vision app). You may refer to FAQ - Q3 of OP (page 1 of this thread) to locate the app in iPad. Feel free to let me know if any questions.

Hi, Is it working with Skyzone Sky-702 5.8GHz and SkyZone 5.8 Ghz 32CH ?

Haneelam said:
Hi, Is it working with Skyzone Sky-702 5.8GHz and SkyZone 5.8 Ghz 32CH ?

No, this is the Vision+ WiFi (2.4Ghz) Video Range Extender booster app, only.

Thank you for ur reply, so if I understand I should keep my iphone on use the booster app and in the same i can either use the ground station or the goggles ?

Haneelam said:
Thank you for ur reply, so if I understand I should keep my iphone on use the booster app and in the same i can either use the ground station or the goggles ?

No, the Vision can only connect to one device, the Phone/Pad via the range extender. Any goggles would have to be connected to the phone/pad to get their video.

RemE said:
No, the Vision can only connect to one device, the Phone/Pad via the range extender. Any goggles would have to be connected to the phone/pad to get their video.

Hi RemE, do you mean that in order to use the app while flying with the goggles, I have to connect them to my iphone using a cable like this one ? http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/on-scr ... face-cable, ?

I'm sorry but you are in the wrong thread for this discussion. This thread is for an app that boosts the video distance only. The DJI Vision app is for phones and pads only and one at a time only. To get video out of an iPhone takes an apple supplied adapter. On new iPhones and pads, it's an HDMI adapter so you need HDMI goggles to connect to the phone thru the adapter.

Thanks for the advice phantomguy & PVFlyer.

Yes, I always have a clear line of sight and the long side of the antenna is facing the Phantom. Transmitter is in FCC mode. Still can't figure out why my range is so short. Time to go and read up on modding the antenna to see if the range can be extended. I suspect it may be because sIngapore is a small and built up place, and there could be many wifi signals interfering with my signal.

Been out of town and just got back
Finally cought up on the reading here
Will send my udid

Alienz said:

Yes, I always have a clear line of sight and the long side of the antenna is facing the Phantom. Transmitter is in FCC mode. Still can't figure out why my range is so short. Time to go and read up on modding the antenna to see if the range can be extended. I suspect it may be because sIngapore is a small and built up place, and there could be many wifi signals interfering with my signal.

Long side facing Phantom, and pointed vertical, right? The Phantom's RC antennas are always vertical so the TX antenna must also be vertical with the tip never pointing at the model. If you tip the Tx antenna sideways, like most airplane/heli flyers do, your range will suffer greatly.

RemE said:
Alienz said:

Long side facing Phantom, and pointed vertical, right? The Phantom's RC antennas are always vertical so the TX antenna must also be vertical with the tip never pointing at the model. If you tip the Tx antenna sideways, like most airplane/heli flyers do, your range will suffer greatly.

Yes, tried both vertical and horizontal positions (tip pointing away from the phantom)...still poor range. The only other thing I can think of is I changed the landing struts to a higher carbon fiber type and the position of the antenna is different than the original position.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 387

That's a big problem, the C/F effectively blocks your antennas, not good. Get them away from the struts, you would do better to let them dangle straight down from their holes.

RemE said:
That's a big problem, the C/F effectively blocks your antennas, not good. Get them away from the struts, you would do better to let them dangle straight down from their holes.

Ok got it! Will try and move them away from the CF. thanx a lot RemE!

Alienz said:
Yes, tried both vertical and horizontal positions (tip pointing away from the phantom)...still poor range. The only other thing I can think of is I changed the landing struts to a higher carbon fiber type and the position of the antenna is different than the original position.
Carbon fiber is acting as electromagnetic shielding to block RF signal. CF sticker might also block some GPS signal depending on sticker material.

finally got a chance to test out the Booster Pro today. Works well.. settings set at interference level 1 : open

Attachments

• flight.jpg
    flight.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 425

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT