FPS

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm a moderately experienced P2V+ user for a couple years with a question I haven't been able to find an answer for yet.

So I set my cam to shoot 1080i at 60 fps. It looks right in the app and shoots fine. However, when I look at the video file info on my computer is says the frame rate is 30fps. Premiere Pro seems to confirm this, when I slow down my clip by 50%, ostensibly to play at 30fps, it is obviously not 30fps, it's 15. SO my question is. what am I doing wrong, or possibly, what am I not doing right? haha Would love to edit some slo-mo but I cant get it happening.

Thanks
pk

Last edited:
Hi folks, I'm a moderately experienced P2V+ user for a couple years with a question I haven't been able to find an answer for yet.

So I set my cam to shoot 1080i at 60 fps. It looks right in the app and shoots fine. However, when I look at the video file info on my computer is says the frame rate is 30fps. Premiere Pro seems to confirm this, when I slow down my clip by 50%, ostensibly to play at 30fps, it is obviously not 30fps, it's 15. SO my question is. what am I doing wrong, or possibly, what am I not doing right? haha Would love to edit some slo-mo but I cant get it happening.

Thanks
pk

I'm pretty sure it has to do w/ the interlacing of the video. @ 60fps, it's interlacing 2 halves of the frame, so basically the equivalent of 30fps once the frame is smashed together (60i / 2 = 30p). Perhaps Premiere is just doing the math for you? That's how I understand it, anyway. Could be wrong.

Don't use 1080i @ 60fps for aerial unless you are stationary. Interlacing will cause noticeable 'rips/tears' when you are panning or moving in aerials. Stick to 1080p @ 30fps.

Reactions: crash1sttime

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1