Four Canyons Karijini National Park

For those unfamiliar with Australian geography, this canyon - in the state of Western Australia - is a long way from anywhere. It's a 1,400 km road journey from Perth, WA's capital; 14.5 hours if you didn't stop along the way. Melbourne, where I live, is more than 3,000 km distant, as the crow flies.

The quickest way for me to get to the Park would be to catch a 4 hr 25 min flight to Perth and from there take a 5 hr 25 min flight (turbo-prop) to Port Hedland (pop. 15,000). From Port Hedland I would hire a car and drive due south for 3 hrs 45 min (335 km) to reach Karijini.

With the country's main population centers located along the eastern seaboard, most Australians never get to see such remote parts of their country.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with that , great to see inside those canyons, almost red iron rock(gold)
Thanks for sharing, be careful in there 👍

great job. I watched it on YouTube :)

For those unfamiliar with Australian geography, this canyon - in the state of Western Australia - is a long way from anywhere. It's a 1,400 km road journey from Perth, WA's capital; 14.5 hours if you didn't stop along the way. Melbourne, where I live, is more than 3,000 km distant, as the crow flies.

The quickest way for me to get to the Park would be to catch a 4 hr 25 min flight to Perth and from there take a 5 hr 25 min flight (turbo-prop) to Port Hedland (pop. 15,000). From Port Hedland I would hire a car and drive due south for 3 hrs 45 min (335 km) to reach Karijini.

With the country's main population centers located along the eastern seaboard, most Australians never get to see such remote parts of their country.
You have to like driving as I do. Even when you get there, there is lots of driving between all the different gorges, waterfalls and pools. The great thing about this take off point is that four of the most famous gorges meet at the same point. Great for drone take off point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31