Found Phantom Drone

Reaction score
ok, I know nothing about these things but want to find its owner. It says Phantom Standard on the front sticker, has a camera underneath. Found in the Los Angeles area.

I would assume that you would need to know the serial number to verify its rightful owner.

Any help from other users to help me find its rightful owner is appreciated.

Thank you for your honesty on doing this mrboom.

Where the camera is, on the top is a little slit. Can you see if there is a memory card in there.

Also pull the battery out (press and squeeze the tabs at the top and bottom) as there may be a contact number written on the battery

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Yes, if you pull the sd card out, you may be able to locate the origination of the drone and identify the pilot. And if you find a Mavik.... I'll step forward to claim that puppy.

Ok. Thanks. I found the micro SD card and did see there were pictures and some videos. The areas do seem local but importantly, I did find a picture of the guy operating the hand controls. So I am going to post the picture on my Nextdoor app and hope someone helps recognize him

Thank you all for the help and advice. We will find its rightful owner.

How do you tell the differences in models?

There is a badge in the front center: Standard, advanced or professional.

1510437237914.jpg

So no luck so far. I have now contacted a very close friend who is a drone guy and police officer. I asked him to run the license plate of the vehicle in the picture. Hopefully, this will be him and a he can get his property back.

Got to say this drone thing is an interesting community. My 13 year old daughter has been hitting me up to buy her one, especially now that she seen this phantom. Are their beginner level phantoms out there to learn on?

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
To be honest they all control the same for the most part. I never flew a drone before and got the same one you found. Very easy to fly. If you let go of the controller it will hover in place until you move it again. Personally I would go for the phantom 3 advanced to start with. The one your holding works on WiFi which is good as it is but in suburb areas home WiFi will get in the way and shorten your distance of flying unless your out in the field. The advanced version and few others uses light bridge which is much better

So no luck so far. I have now contacted a very close friend who is a drone guy and police officer. I asked him to run the license plate of the vehicle in the picture. Hopefully, this will be him and a he can get his property back.

Got to say this drone thing is an interesting community. My 13 year old daughter has been hitting me up to buy her one, especially now that she seen this phantom. Are their beginner level phantoms out there to learn on?
Now that's a great idea! won't he be surprised when a black and white pulls up with his lost drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.