Found Drone in Yosemite

Maybe a year or so, you should see this thing. Every moving part is locked up and anything that can rust is rusty.

I have it hanging from the ceiling in my shop.

Interesting, I thought metal does not rust as fast in fresh water. I saw something on TV a while back about planes that crashed in the Great Lakes. Footage showed very well preserved machines. Unless the drone was constantly/alternately being submerged in water then exposed to air ... It is the oxygen in the air that is needed for corrosion to develop, correct ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

All I know is the time this was found and the exact time of the last flight. I cannot explain the physics involved.

This got me looking on the Internet as I did not know about not flying in a park. I found a few sites and different states have different rules. A lot of parks can be flown on. Some have a 10 permit and want your FAA number. That's in utah. California says there is no law that you can't fly in their parks as long as you are safe.

I just read an article about flying on the beaches in california and that it is legal as long as you don't molest seals and other wildlife, or endanger people. There was another park that let you fly during certain months of the year - off season.

So it is not you can't fly in state parks. You can. All have different rules.

This got me looking on the Internet as I did not know about not flying in a park. I found a few sites and different states have different rules. A lot of parks can be flown on. Some have a 10 permit and want your FAA number. That's in utah. California says there is no law that you can't fly in their parks as long as you are safe.

I just read an article about flying on the beaches in california and that it is legal as long as you don't molest seals and other wildlife, or endanger people. There was another park that let you fly during certain months of the year - off season.

Do you still have those web sites?

8713a1a6e153c73f795ce25ac52d07eb.jpg

Always ask the park rangers. I've not been told no yet... 2 state parks.. Ohio, Kentucky

Interesting, I thought metal does not rust as fast in fresh water. I saw something on TV a while back about planes that crashed in the Great Lakes. Footage showed very well preserved machines. Unless the drone was constantly/alternately being submerged in water then exposed to air ... It is the oxygen in the air that is needed for corrosion to develop, correct ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
In some deep water conditions, lack of oxygen will deter both rust and decay. In a river like in yosemite, there is plenty of disolved oxygen. Think about it, if there wasn't any oxygen, there wouldn't be any fish or other aquatic critters

I'm assuming you are replying to th general theme of this thread. The thread is about flying in US _National_ Parks. None of the Naitonal Parks allow a drone to be operated within it's boundaries. Yes, all state parks have their own rules. Some allow the use of drones, most don't.

I'm assuming you are replying to th general theme of this thread. The thread is about flying in US _National_ Parks. None of the Naitonal Parks allow a drone to be operated within it's boundaries. Yes, all state parks have their own rules. Some allow the use of drones, most don't.
Actually this thread is lost and found. Not national park flight.
None the less, @JB63 asked about state parks and @G Tek Fab asked about local lakes.
Hence the posts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20