Found DJI Phantom Professional Pt. Dume Area Malibu

Reaction score
A friend of mine's gardener found a DJI Phantom Professional with a gold label in her yard in the Pt. Dume Area of Malibu. It has a camera and gimbal attached. I do not know much about drones and I do not own one. I am just hoping to return this to its owner. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Andre@Sky
You might look at the SD card for a clue of ownership. You'd need to remove the card and insert it into an SD card reader and then insert that into your computer.

If that isn't productive, there should also be an FA number inside the battery compartment, but my understanding is the procedure is to turn the aircraft into the nearest police station and let them use the FA number to contact FAA for ownership info because FAA won't help the finder of a lost UAV in locating the owner.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for responding. Yes I did check the micro SD card in the camera and there are no images or video on it. I was think of turning it into the Sheriff's, but I do not think they would do much, probably just put it into a storage locker. Maybe I should try and call DJI and see if they can look up the owner? I am sure whoever lost it is still looking for it. It was found in the last week or so.

Thanks again.

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to come here and post about it. :)

Please pull out the battery and check it and the compartment it fits into for any identifying labels. Many flyers put stickers in there.

Hopefully if it is a member here they will look here and see this post.

Again, thank you so much for posting this!

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to come here and post about it. :)

Please pull out the battery and check it and the compartment it fits into for any identifying labels. Many flyers put stickers in there.

Hopefully if it is a member here they will look here and see this post.

Again, thank you so much for posting this!
You might look at the SD card for a clue of ownership. You'd need to remove the card and insert it into an SD card reader and then insert that into your computer.

If that isn't productive, there should also be an FA number inside the battery compartment, but my understanding is the procedure is to turn the aircraft into the nearest police station and let them use the FA number to contact FAA for ownership info because FAA won't help the finder of a lost UAV in locating the owner.

Thanks for posting!

Hi, I looked inside the battery compartment and the only numbers I found look to be a DJI marking. See attached picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0828.JPG
    IMG_0828.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 720
Yeah, that is a production thing and not user added. By rights the operator should of had it registered with the FAA as that is the requirement to use a Phantom outside.

Yeah, that is a production thing and not user added. By rights the operator should of had it registered with the FAA as that is the requirement to use a Phantom outside.

Thanks for the info. I will hang on to it and see if anyone responds to the thread. In the meantime I will also call DJI tomorrow to see if they can contact the owner of it. I would think they would have some sort of record on the purchaser. The battery has one blinking green bar when I push the button. It got a little wet as it was on fell to the ground and it most likely had the sprinklers on it for a few days. It looks in good shape so I am hoping the owner can be found. Thanks again for the info.

Reactions: Pam
Whoa Point Dume my old surfing grounds! Caught many stand up barrels there!

Good luck finding the owner. Don't hand it over to the sheriff what ever you do.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic