Found a drone

Reaction score
I found a drone, W321 It does not look to be broken. one green battery flash when you push the button. Is it worth it to buy a controller for it as well I guess a battery charger? Is it worth anything? I would love to get to fly it if I could find a controller.

I found a drone, W321 It does not look to be broken. one green battery flash when you push the button. Is it worth it to buy a controller for it as well I guess a battery charger? Is it worth anything? I would love to get to fly it if I could find a controller.
It's worth trying to find owner first,,post a picture and area found,,then someone can private message you about further discription to prove ownership,,,,if no one claim then look at remote,,,,good find but someone be shatted at losing this,,,of course you not have to but right thing to do....and welcome...any sd card in it might have familiar sights on it

It's mine! Thank you for finding it.

On a serious note, like Ian said, try looking around it for any information, drone registration, etc. Check the SD card to see if it has a photo of the owner's face or residence, etc.

I know it's easier to say "hey I got a free drone", but you never know, perhaps good thing may come your way if you go the extra mile and return it to it's owner.

Edit: photos have gps coordinates in them, so you will be able to know owner's location.

Another plug for putting your name and contact info on your drone. I did, and when I lost it recently in a canyon in Utah, a hiker found it and returned it to me a few weeks later, in good condition..
When you don't know anything about drones it is hard to know where to look for info.

Keep this updated on whether he got his baby back or not. Reunions can be fantastic.

Yep we name most other things ,clothes personal belongings, I hope I not lose drone but certainly has me details on it like most of us here,even me dog has details on collar but why some don't name drones sort of have me stratching my head,,it's a common sense thing,,,good on you if you do return,,,good Cama, what goes around comes around ;)

Yep we name most other things ,clothes personal belongings, I hope I not lose drone but certainly has me details on it like most of us here,even me dog has details on collar but why some don't name drones sort of have me stratching my head,,it's a common sense thing,,,good on you if you do return,,,good Cama, what goes around comes around ;)
Back to the owner, he was never expecting it back. Lost it in February in the snow. By the way it is not that hard to put a notepad file with your name and phone number or address on the SD card. Maybe some red paint by the slot so a person knows where to look.

It's worth trying to find owner first,,post a picture and area found,,then someone can private message you about further discription to prove ownership,,,,if no one claim then look at remote,,,,good find but someone be shatted at losing this,,,of course you not have to but right thing to do....and welcome...any sd card in it might have familiar sights on it
I see Craigslist posts from people who found or lost a drone frequently.

Kudos to Skipperdan for doing the right thing and making the effort to find the owner. It restores a little of my faith in humanity to know honest people are still out there.

On a related note, I have experienced a loss myself. It seems I have lost several $100 bills last week. I have attached a picture. If anyone runs across one, it is probably mine. Could you please return it to me as soon as possible, and thank you for your honesty.

34BA334C-BED9-4FF0-8F51-0D62246AD76F.jpeg

Reactions: Ansia
I commonly use the format SD function from the DJI Go app, so that would wipe out any text file or ID type pictures left on the card. However I've always affixed my cell phone # to the exterior. Hopefully that would do the trick.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj