Formatting SD

Reaction score
I just have a quick question. What does it mean to format the SD card, what does that do?

It erases EVERYTHING on the card. It’s basically a more in-depth erasing of data. If you delete files, they’re still there, they’re just not able to be found without special software. Also, if you’re ever formatting the card in your computer, uncheck “quick format”. It takes longer but it’s a more complete erasure of the card than quick format.

It erases EVERYTHING on the card. It’s basically a more in-depth erasing of data. If you delete files, they’re still there, they’re just not able to be found without special software. Also, if you’re ever formatting the card in your computer, uncheck “quick format”. It takes longer but it’s a more complete erasure of the card than quick format.

Ok thank you. I just got a new SD card for the phantom and I saw in the DJI GO 4 app that I can format it

Ok thank you. I just got a new SD card for the phantom and I saw in the DJI GO 4 app that I can format it
In some situations it’s best to format it in the device (drone, camera, etc.) but I’ve never had any issues formatting my cards in the computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers