Format internal SD card - How please?

Yes, a couple of versions back, DJI switched from recording AGL altitude to MSL and used GPS to determine it. Really a bummer, because of the general inaccuracies in gps altitude. However, both Go and Litchi still use the barometer to figure AGL altitudes for missions and manual flying.
DJI do not use GPS altitude data for anything flight related.
That's still barometer data.
Since firmware v1.5.3 they have used GPS altitude data in the Exif info for still photos although no-one can find a reason for it.

Easy to remove, stick in PC, format, reinsert card to ESC, flash firmware of your choice. This is the ONLY way to roll back firmware to ANY version you choose
this is not true
there are flight logs only on that card
it has nothing to do with firmware

Yes, once its out just stick sd card in a pc and read it normally

really? i did a fw downgrade by clearing that internal sd with format. i assumed it was in dji.sys file on that sd card. i assumed encrypted data reguarding current fw installed was on it and thus clearing it allowed me to downgrade. so where is said fw installed then?

Reactions: Digdat0
really? i did a fw downgrade by clearing that internal sd with format. i assumed it was in dji.sys file on that sd card. i assumed encrypted data reguarding current fw installed was on it and thus clearing it allowed me to downgrade. so where is said fw installed then?

What before & after firmware versions did you down down grade from and to?

What before & after firmware versions did you down down grade from and to?
1.3.2 to 1.1.8 that you so kindly shared with me. Thanks again flyNfrank!

Cheers BVC. When you said just format it I just knew you where talking about the external (Gimbal) card - not the internal.

Here is another question. Examining the data of one flight I took off at 158 meters so this must mean AMSL which is about right. I am 301 feet high here.

Am I right or wrong?

Thanks
Yes, a few update back, DJI switched from recording the height above home derived from the altimeter to msl derived from GPS. causes some issues because of the variability in the GPS height accuracy when using mapping services such as Maps Made Easy. They get around it by automatically taking a reference photo when the bird lands after a mission. That's obvious in your data, 158 meters is 520 ft!

For the record there is not enough proof scowinski's firmware rollback works.

ummm .. im not sure formatting the internal SD card helped this. DJI allowed v1.3.20 to be downgraded to v1.1.8 I recall. The test would be going from 1.8 or 1.9 below that. If we can find the supposed file it says needs, I'm willing to test this.

It's not working it was a fluke with an old mainboard

I was pretty sure it did not work. Someone else in the group pulled their internal microSD card around a year ago and was unable to anywhere with the card. He was not able to get any of his computers to communicate with that card. He said it was as if the card had different requirements such as operating electrical values.

I would have thought someone would have cracked that setup by now based on the number of P3's that have been sold since May of 2015. Btw, that reminds me, this also can be said for someone designing a much better landing gear setup that protected the Gimbal & Camera area. The current landing gear can be dropped from as low as 10ft and collapse to point of complete failure and allow serious damage. Not good!

Aircraft works fine without Internal SD installed, Although you have to live with seeing "Main controller data error" instead of "Ready to fly- GPS"
on a side note if you have a jailbroken ios device or android, You can take a flight with no cellular/wifi on, then delete the log files on the device using a filesystem browser not inside dji go they are smarter than that..Reconnect to internet and bam no logs to sync in dji go. no record....no flight :)

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Sure there is, Maybe some dont want DJI storing every place theyve flown.
True, but it's only a problem for those that sync their flights or send their drones to DJI and I am not among those. In spite of my paranoia, I don't really care who knows where I've flown anyway. Everything I do is perfectly legal. Well, maybe not PERFECTLY....ok, there's a few things that might cross the line...I mean, I'll take a drink...but I do NOT freebase!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.