Format internal SD card - How please?

Reaction score
Other than removing the internal card (it's glued in), I don't think there is any way to format it.

P3-Center-Board-Memory-Card.jpg

Thanks Singer. I don't think I will be attempting that - now or in the future but its nice to know how it could be done.

If you don't mind, one further question please.

Is the program available to us mere mortals that DJI use to examine the .dat files? I remember reading that Healthy Drones is good, but it doesn't show EVERYTHING.

I would like to learn how to read and analyse flight records.

Thanks

I don't know what DJI uses to read the DAT logs, but you can use DatCon.

Reactions: deltamike
Cheers BVC. When you said just format it I just knew you where talking about the external (Gimbal) card - not the internal.

Here is another question. Examining the data of one flight I took off at 158 meters so this must mean AMSL which is about right. I am 301 feet high here.

Am I right or wrong?

Thanks

Actually I was talking about the internal card.. You can see it and get to it. I just never tried removing it because I've never had a need to remove it.. And as another member stated - it's glued in (which I did not know as I never tried to remove it!)

Why do you want to format it anyway? Against regulation flights on there ;)

Actually I was talking about the internal card.. You can see it and get to it. I just never tried removing it because I've never had a need to remove it.. And as another member stated - it's glued in (which I did not know as I never tried to remove it!)

Why do you want to format it anyway? Against regulation flights on there ;)

Hi BVC,

My apologies for not replying sooner. We have been on holiday for two weeks in Wales and had foul weather so no flying. :(

My original question was answered in #2 and I asked the question because it stated in a manual that it was possible to format the internal card and didn't know how. My search is over and thanks guys for the replies.

Now, how do I format the wife? :)

Reactions: Digdat0
Whatever you do, don't choose the Quick Format option. They hate that.

You're lucky if even the long format worked. I tried it many times on mine and got nothing but "error" messages. Ended up returning her. ;)

Mike

I can see it clear as day inside when battery is removed. But as stated by another member it sounds like it's glued in.
Easy to remove, stick in PC, format, reinsert card to ESC, flash firmware of your choice. This is the ONLY way to roll back firmware to ANY version you choose. Heres a few pics
20161109_115114.jpg
20161109_115124.jpg
20161109_115131.jpg

Cheers BVC. When you said just format it I just knew you where talking about the external (Gimbal) card - not the internal.

Here is another question. Examining the data of one flight I took off at 158 meters so this must mean AMSL which is about right. I am 301 feet high here.

Am I right or wrong?

Thanks
Yes, a couple of versions back, DJI switched from recording AGL altitude to MSL and used GPS to determine it. Really a bummer, because of the general inaccuracies in gps altitude. However, both Go and Litchi still use the barometer to figure AGL altitudes for missions and manual flying.

Easy to remove, stick in PC, format, reinsert card to ESC, flash firmware of your choice. This is the ONLY way to roll back firmware to ANY version you choose.

Any pic's showing the firmware version number with in either the Pilot app or GO app?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj