Forced Go App Update -Workaround

I did a search for the file "list.json" There were 2 files with this name. One was under a update directory. (sorry i forget the exact name) I edited it the same as the first list.json file. Then it worked for me at least one days flying.

1. Close the app ( At bottom of screen left Arrow, Up arrow and square) hit the
square and wait until X at top corner of small app screen.
2. From file manager open /android/data/dji.pilot/cache/list.json as a text file.
3. Edit the file and change line 4 -> "significant1":"1", to "significant1":"0", then save.
4. Go into folder /dji.pilot/ and delete asdklog.s (when you start your app this will be recreated.
Right.
But before doing that, go to the application manager and kill the DJI Go application. Even you stop DJI Go, it remains a service that runs, XGPushService, it must be stopped before making the changes.

Right.
But before doing that, go to the application manager and kill the DJI Go application. Even you stop DJI Go, it remains a service that runs, XGPushService, it must be stopped before making the changes.

OK thanks, I'll give it a try before Sunday when I go flying again. I have to force stop the DJI app to get the Litchi app to connect to my p3s' wifi.

This Definitely works ! Thanks! you rock brother .I saved my text file on my desktop and made read only and the replaced the original. Maps are back and no more forced update crap.

Thank you very much!! 3.0.1 with google maps is working again \o/

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Here's a method which will prevent the app from contacting its update server in the first place. Your Android must be rooted for this to work since it involves editing the hosts file. There may be other ways which doesn't require root such as with app like Trend Micro, but I haven't tested it.

Alright here's how:
1. Install Hosts Editor from Play Store. You can use any other hosts editing app you want but I like this one.
2. Add the following entry:
IP Address: 127.0.0.1
Hostname: upgrade.bgcentre.com
3. Clear your DJI Go app cache
4. Run the Go App
5. Enjoy nag free Go App with Google Maps
1f642.png
:).

Tested on version 2.9.1 of the Go App

I have adaway installed on my shield k1 with a rooted nougat, and I entered the url you wrote in using adaway
just checking ---Is the "bgcentre" the correct spelling?

now, I have cleared data and cache on my installed 3.1.3 version
would I just delete this version now, reboot and install version 2.91 or 2.81 if either version matters.

This is working great for me- Samsung Tab S2 and Samsung S7. One question. I'm running 2.9.1 but is there an advantage to 3.0.1

I installed NoRoot Firewall Thursday night and have it blocking "update.bgcentre.com" and haven't had any messages pop up since. Today I had the P3 out and no problems with 2.9.1. I had cached the maps I needed before I left the house.

Reactions: tommi.piiroinen
mine has installed fine.. looks to be working, with no messages while having it open to the internet for a half hour...will go flying with it tomorrow.

Here's a method which will prevent the app from contacting its update server in the first place. Your Android must be rooted for this to work since it involves editing the hosts file. There may be other ways which doesn't require root such as with app like Trend Micro, but I haven't tested it.

Alright here's how:
1. Install Hosts Editor from Play Store. You can use any other hosts editing app you want but I like this one.
2. Add the following entry:
IP Address: 127.0.0.1
Hostname: upgrade.bgcentre.com
3. Clear your DJI Go app cache
4. Run the Go App
5. Enjoy nag free Go App with Google Maps
1f642.png
:).

Tested on version 2.9.1 of the Go App
How do I go about deleting the DJI Go cashed?

Sent from my QTASUN1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have just updated as per DJI insistence on my Nexus ... and like previous - I will test and see what results I get.

At this time - I am on the 'fence' until I see what happens.

Nigel

So it seems DJI does not like people discussing this topic on the offical dji owners group on facebook. Someone I know posted asking for help, I directed them to this post, and when they replied that the mod was successful....They were banned from the group.

Reactions: Mordor
I installed NoRoot Firewall Thursday night and have it blocking "update.bgcentre.com" and haven't had any messages pop up since. Today I had the P3 out and no problems with 2.9.1. I had cached the maps I needed before I left the house.
Works nice!
My 3.0.1 is back and rocking :)

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

My PC doesn't see the same file path that explorer on my shield tablet see's...Can't find list.json with my PC? I was going to try changing the attributes to read only on json...
But I fixed my problem. I bought Litchi haha After forcing DJI go to stop, Litchi runs fine. I've only tried the intelligent mode (follow me) so far. It works ok in my small yard.. I need to go to a field to try the other modes.
Thanks for all the help guys...
Save the file in the computer it wont save to the pad it will copy back to the pad after you mark the jason file read only and save some where on your computer transfer to an sd and then copy into your pad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z