For the LiPo experts

Reaction score
Guys I think I need some help here:

I bought me a nice charger

http://www.ev-peak.com/Q6320AC.html

Because I fly every 3 to 4 days tops, I fly then plug my 4 mad dogs 2700's and put the on "storage mode" so my new charger puts the right amount of power in the lips for storage, then the night before I fly I fully charge them.

For some reason I am getting about 10 seconds less flying time than I did before, Not sure why but here are a couple of questions for you experts:

- When I put my lipos on "storage mode", do I need to discharge them before fully charge them or I can continue doing what I am doing which is charge them from storage mode?

- Before using this charger I used the Phantom cheapo charger, maybe that charger overcharges the batteries a bit?

Thanks in advance!

No need to discharge after storage mode. Just charge and fly.

The phantom charger is cheap, but it has decent balance circuitry, I doubt it harmed the batteries.

If you fly every 4 days, I don't even bother with storage mode. Just fly it normally and store it "empty" -- 11.2v -- and charge before you fly. It'll be fine.

10 seconds is far too fine grained to bother measuring in flight. It works if you cumulatively add up grams to seconds gained/lost, but your flight time can differ by several minutes depending on how you hit the throttle that day.

That has a balance and monitor for individual cells in multi cell lipo paks... check the individual voltages and see if they all match or are very, very close- if not- balance them with the charger and then recharge and check times averaged over the next 5 flights.

amrflyingdude said:
Guys I think I need some help here:

I bought me a nice charger

http://www.ev-peak.com/Q6320AC.html

Because I fly every 3 to 4 days tops, I fly then plug my 4 mad dogs 2700's and put the on "storage mode" so my new charger puts the right amount of power in the lips for storage, then the night before I fly I fully charge them.

For some reason I am getting about 10 seconds less flying time than I did before, Not sure why but here are a couple of questions for you experts:

- When I put my lipos on "storage mode", do I need to discharge them before fully charge them or I can continue doing what I am doing which is charge them from storage mode?

- Before using this charger I used the Phantom cheapo charger, maybe that charger overcharges the batteries a bit?

Thanks in advance!

That's a nice starter charger only because the max charging amp is 7.0 amps. I like charging my Lipos at 2C. For example a 5500 mAh charged at 1C is 5.5amps and when charged at 2C it's at 11amps which equals twice as fast. If you ever decide on getting a stronger charger....check out the Hyperion Chargers but they'll cost a little more. The argument is that you'll wear down your cells faster by charging them at twice the speed. I've got batteries going on 2 years old and I haven't noticed any degradation in the cells or how much or how long they hold their charge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers