For the Aussies

Definitely talking $A. I have just given **** Smith/Kogan $A1299 for a DJI refurbished P4 with a 12 month warranty and no cost delivery. The P4 is the only refurbished model available but they had a new P3(4K) for $A999 and new Mavic and P4 for $A1699. The P4P was $A2599 and the P4P+ $A3099. Most of those prices are available elsewhere from reputable stores but I didn't see the refurbished P4 anywhere else.

They didn't have spare batteries available so went to DWI for one at $A169 but they wanted over $A30 for postage so ended up paying $A175 on eBay still from DWI but with free delivery. Nothing has arrived yet but I give you my opinion on Kogan, DWI (and DJI) when they do. I tried to purchase over half a dozen used P4s on ebay over the past fortnight preferably with at least one spare battery but they all sold for more than the prices above, even lone batteries went for nearly $A200 so I left them alone. After reading through this forum I realize that I should have purchased a P4P battery as my spare for a few extra minutes flight time but maybe next time.

Yep saw the refurbished ones and don't see a problem with them.
Good buying in my opinion.
When asking about AUD I was referring to Noodles post where he said that DJI were the same price

I bought my Advanced from DWI with a eBay discount at the time $900 Warranty is a bit of a grey area like the importer I suppose .
Mustered 50 cattle with it today from 2km away .Now if I can just get my dog to open the gates I'll be set.

Reactions: weedoman
I bought my Advanced from DWI with a eBay discount at the time $900 Warranty is a bit of a grey area like the importer I suppose .
Mustered 50 cattle with it today from 2km away .Now if I can just get my dog to open the gates I'll be set.
How close did you go before they would move. I don't ever see my P4 replacing the Honda but it will certainly help, saving time and fuel. It will be very interesting to see their reactions first time around too.

They just keep moving away from the sound I was reasonably high because I wanted to maintain signal and it's easy to misjudge height in steep country .It was quite easy o direct them where I wanted I actually backed off a lot to bring them back to an easy pace .

They just keep moving away from the sound I was reasonably high because I wanted to maintain signal and it's easy to misjudge height in steep country .It was quite easy o direct them where I wanted I actually backed off a lot to bring them back to an easy pace .
That is interesting, I thought that they would completely ignore it up high just like a swarm of bees. Our cattle are almost too quite and I assumed that to move them with the P4 would require some close flying. I hope I am wrong, that will be a pleasant surprise. I also have goats so that will be another learning curve.

I didn't have the camera running the other day (there's only so much cattle footage you can watch) but my son trialed it a few weeks back and I chased a few cows when I first got my Phantom The weaned cattle tend to run straight away .The cows are more curious .They would gallop off the come back for another look.

Reactions: Quamera
I wonder if their first instinct is clear off in case they were stung then the old girls backtrack because they realize that something is different, it may not be an angry swarm after all and could do with some investigation. The weaners on the other hand just keep trotting till they are puffed or find a fence. I suspect once they are all used to it, ideally introduced as calves on their mothers it would be just like any other mustering aid and all mobs will move off quietly in the desired direction. I will be using my P4 to monitor calving heifers and I am hoping that after the first week they will almost ignore me if I don't come too close.

I used it to check lambing ewes in the Spring . Worked ok you could see if one was down and you could check gullies and other places you might miss but it was not really possible to see if one was wondering around will a lamb stuck .Great for chasing crows away though
Also you get windy or wet days or weeks when our local Ag aircraft craft can show up at any time usually well below 100m on his way to spray somewhere so mostly it's a slow drive around in the Hilux

I used it to check lambing ewes in the Spring . Worked ok you could see if one was down and you could check gullies and other places you might miss but it was not really possible to see if one was wondering around will a lamb stuck .Great for chasing crows away though
Also you get windy or wet days or weeks when our local Ag aircraft craft can show up at any time usually well below 100m on his way to spray somewhere so mostly it's a slow drive around in the Hilux
Ouch, I don't know who would get the biggest fright, the average Airtruck isn't terribly maneuverable with a full load on board, he wouldn't have much warning because of the Phantom's size and you wouldn't know he was coming if you weren't in the paddock. The odds of a collision would still be millions to one but the consequences could be awful.

I wonder how long it will be before UAVs have to have a transponder alerting manned aircraft to their position, now that we can all buy such capable aircraft for a relatively small outlay they will become increasingly popular in agriculture and many other disciplines as well as being fun toys for the big (and small) boys (and girls).(Cripes I am going to land myself in PC hot water here!!)

Goats rarely have any problems pushing out the next generation and mum stands over it/them for a couple days but after that when she wanders off for a drink or tucker the crows land beside a sleeping kid and take out its eyes before it wakes up. Then they basically make holes in it while the unfortunate little blighter wanders around. They don't take long to die but it must be a horrible way to go, blinded and dragging your intestines along the ground. If I crash my Phantom I suspect it will be in a dog fight with a crow that has just mutilated a kid, they make me fairly cranky and I may not be entirely logical about the matter!!

Yes when phantomhelp can link me to someone making mini air to air missiles with a app with a nice female voice that tells me I have Crowlock there will be little puffs of black feathers gently fluttering to earth all over my place

Yes when phantomhelp can link me to someone making mini air to air missiles with a app with a nice female voice that tells me I have Crowlock there will be little puffs of black feathers gently fluttering to earth all over my place
You beauty, Crowlock and Piglock, all my Christmases have come at once. My daughter is halfway through a Mechatronic Engineering Degree and needs a final year project. I reckon primary producers with vermin problems would fall over themselves to get their hands on them. The tricky bit would be making a religious nutterblock so we wouldn't end up in little bits as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94