For the Aussies

$2199 and $2499 (AU$ delivered to the door) from DWI so still a $400-600 saving in the 4pro and plus if you don't mind waiting three days for the postman.

Given the recent demise of the Trickie Dickie retail operation id be worried about sending them money and the drone never arriving.

I know one person who has a $1000 gift voucher that will never be honoured.

Given the recent demise of the Trickie Dickie retail operation id be worried about sending them money and the drone never arriving.
I know one person who has a $1000 gift voucher that will never be honoured.
**** Smith now is not what what **** Smith was back then.
The brand died and was bought by Kogan nine months ago.
**** Smith is back from the dead

I'm not in the market myself
I'm more than happy with my P3Ps
I know about the buyout and would never buy anything with a Kogan brand on it myself
Just letting others know

Yep I've seen Harvey Norman or JB Hi Fi flog the standards for $689 and while it looks tempting, i would be worried about about trying to get warranty issues sorted. You know that there will be no sympathy from someone that sell phones and fridges and your broken drone will be mailed off somewhere and the seller could not care less. I pay a bit more buying parts etc from an authorised seller but at least we talk the same language. Having said that however, there are some great coffee machines out there.....

I'm not in the market myself
I'm more than happy with my P3Ps
I know about the buyout and would never buy anything with a Kogan brand on it myself
Just letting others know
Thanks.
However your wording is wrong in the first post.
There is no "discounting". They are just standard prices.

Those are just standard pricing, same as buying from DJI website.
Like others have said, **** Smith online is now under the ownership of Kogan. The stock is grey import, not local Australian stock.
Unless there is some discount, there is no point buying from Kogan.
Not grey market, if you read the descriptions it states that it is Australian based stock, they are an authorised DJI seller and offer full DJI warranty (in addition to **** Smith warranty.

Thanks.
However your wording is wrong in the first post.
There is no "discounting". They are just standard prices.

The email I got from them claims to be $300 - $400 off
Not being in the market myself I have no idea of retail pricing
I might consider a 4P when the 5 comes out and prices drop but only because of the better camera
What makes you say they're grey imports??

The email I got from them claims to be $300 - $400 off
Not being in the market myself I have no idea of retail pricing
What makes you say they're grey imports??
In the absence of a misrepresentation by the seller this isn't grey market stock "
**** Smith is an authorised distributor of this product. We guarantee that this product is authorised Australian stock and comes with a manufacturer warranty in addition to the **** Smith warranty."

It also seems to be a discount from their regular pricing.

Better deals to be had elsewhere though.

• 1 Year DJI Warranty (included)

I bought my standard for $650 AU from JB HiFi in Perth. The guy that sold it to me knew alot about drones so he definately speaks the language

Not grey market, if you read the descriptions it states that it is Australian based stock, they are an authorised DJI seller and offer full DJI warranty (in addition to **** Smith warranty.
Ah OK thanks for the correction, because the different items (e.g. mobile phone) I have bought from Kogan in the past are grey imports.

Standard as in USD or AUD?
Definitely talking $A. I have just given **** Smith/Kogan $A1299 for a DJI refurbished P4 with a 12 month warranty and no cost delivery. The P4 is the only refurbished model available but they had a new P3(4K) for $A999 and new Mavic and P4 for $A1699. The P4P was $A2599 and the P4P+ $A3099. Most of those prices are available elsewhere from reputable stores but I didn't see the refurbished P4 anywhere else.

They didn't have spare batteries available so went to DWI for one at $A169 but they wanted over $A30 for postage so ended up paying $A175 on eBay still from DWI but with free delivery. Nothing has arrived yet but I give you my opinion on Kogan, DWI (and DJI) when they do. I tried to purchase over half a dozen used P4s on ebay over the past fortnight preferably with at least one spare battery but they all sold for more than the prices above, even lone batteries went for nearly $A200 so I left them alone. After reading through this forum I realize that I should have purchased a P4P battery as my spare for a few extra minutes flight time but maybe next time.

Reactions: The Springs
Definitely talking $A. I have just given **** Smith/Kogan $A1299 for a DJI refurbished P4 with a 12 month warranty and no cost delivery. The P4 is the only refurbished model available but they had a new P3(4K) for $A999 and new Mavic and P4 for $A1699. The P4P was $A2599 and the P4P+ $A3099. Most of those prices are available elsewhere from reputable stores but I didn't see the refurbished P4 anywhere else.

They didn't have spare batteries available so went to DWI for one at $A169 but they wanted over $A30 for postage so ended up paying $A175 on eBay still from DWI but with free delivery. Nothing has arrived yet but I give you my opinion on Kogan, DWI (and DJI) when they do. I tried to purchase over half a dozen used P4s on ebay over the past fortnight preferably with at least one spare battery but they all sold for more than the prices above, even lone batteries went for nearly $A200 so I left them alone. After reading through this forum I realize that I should have purchased a P4P battery as my spare for a few extra minutes flight time but maybe next time.
Last I looked the P4 with one extra battery from DWI was $1500 (not refurbished). Throwing postage in the mix seems you still did ok (refurbished is as good as new going by members commentary on the forum).

For future batteries pricematch with officeworks. Just make sure the price you are trying to match offers the same warranty. While some have been lucky I have found officeworks won't match DWI, the warranty DWI offers in "in house" not DJI. DWI is, from my experience, grey market.

Last I looked the P4 with one extra battery from DWI was $1500 (not refurbished). Throwing postage in the mix seems you still did ok (refurbished is as good as new going by members commentary on the forum).

For future batteries pricematch with officeworks. Just make sure the price you are trying to match offers the same warranty. While some have been lucky I have found officeworks won't match DWI, the warranty DWI offers in "in house" not DJI. DWI is, from my experience, grey market.

Yes I have had a good run with Apple refurbished products and even though a P4 has more moving parts than any of those I am hopeful that it will be just as reliable. I didn't realize that DWI was a grey importer, considering that some P4 batteries have had problems I might be looking at a P4P battery from a proper shop sooner than I had planned!!

Yes I have had a good run with Apple refurbished products and even though a P4 has more moving parts than any of those I am hopeful that it will be just as reliable. I didn't realize that DWI was a grey importer, considering that some P4 batteries have had problems I might be looking at a P4P battery from a proper shop sooner than I had planned!!
They are genuine DJI products (from DWI) with presumably high turnover. You may get older stock from your local retailer (an important consideration for LiPO's which, as you likely know, have a use by date.

They are genuine DJI products (from DWI) with presumably high turnover. You may get older stock from your local retailer (an important consideration for LiPO's which, as you likely know, have a use by date.

Yes that is a good point, with the batteries a grey import might even be better because it has come directly from the manufacturer instead of pausing (with an unknown state of charge) at a retailer. I will have one of each so I will check their serial Nos and note their flight times to see if I can pick up any differences. There is another P4 with 2 batteries nearby that will also be an interesting comparison for range and flight time. They are both important to me because I will be using it for stock monitoring, checking water points and feral animal detection as well as entertainment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik