Fog

Reaction score
Morning folks! This maaay be a dumb question, but any issues flying through fog??? Obviously visibility would be poor, but i mean more in regards to the sensors on the AC. I kinda feel like it may play tricks with the OAS? Haven't tried it yet, but just a hunch, should it be disabled in those conditions???

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Cover the vents on the shell to minimize internal moisture.

Really? hmmmmmm, that does not sound like a very good idea....The vents need to dissipate the heat from inside the aircraft
Well I suppose you could uncover the downward facing vents.

The only vents the P4 has are downward facing vents. lol
Oh, I thought you had P3. Well than ventilation shouldn't be a problem. If you were in fog for a few seconds you'd be fine.

Flown in fog a few times myself and never had an issue. If it is REALLY thick it might not be wise but to be honest if that is the case you'll not exactly be getting great shots (beyond popping out of the fog as mentioned). Mist/fog though can assist in great shots so well worth trying:

After landing following this shoot the shell was a little beaded in moisture but nothing too bad at all. The motors by design don't care a hoot about it water and by design the P4 would make it really hard for water to get to the ESCs as they deep in the body and the bottom arm vents would allow water to drip out.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Oh, I thought you had P3. Well than ventilation shouldn't be a problem. If you were in fog for a few seconds you'd be fine.

No worries buddy, the post is in a Phantom 4 Discussion thread for a reason ;-) If i get some good fog shots i'll post them!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20