Front and Rear Sensors Enabling

Reaction score
Hello,
Newbie here and in drones. Recently purchased P4pro+ and am trying to learn as much as possible. Hopefully this is a newbie problem and an easy answer.

I have flown a total of 5 times in a designated drone area of a forest preserve, the exact same spot each time. Two of the five times (2nd x this morning) my P4pro+ would not let me fly towards the trees in the distance, at least 200 yards away. The drone would just stay put while the RC beeped and flashed a warning of braking. I did have front and rear sensor's enabled. Tried recalibrating the IMU and compass, rebooting the AC and RC to no avail. Went home, checked all the settings but didn't change anything. Went back to same spot later that evening and could fly towards the woods and in all directions. This morning I went to the same spot without doing anything but recharging batteries and RC, wouldn't let me fly towards the woods again. I disabled the front and rear sensors and flew without a problem. For what it's worth, tried flying at 10ft to 100ft off the ground with same results.

My confusion is why, with sensors enabled would it be fine one flight and not the next. My question is: Is this normal or am I missing something in the settings. I appreciate any input.

Joe

The efficiency of the sensors vary with the degree of light. I would guess that the lighting from one time of day to another would be enough to cause a different response to the sensors. Instead of turning them off, you may want to play around "Narrow Sensing (Hold). I haven't personally had a need for it, but watched videos it does appear to narrow the sensors view to allow pilots to fly between objects that the sensors would otherwise prevent. You assign it to a CX button and hold said button during its use. See picture below.

6bdf047f6a7424b3c571f7b1b537de1c.jpg

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Thank you so much Traveler.
Didn't think of that and it makes perfect sense. Both times that it occurred it was 7:30 - 8:00 AM and very sunny. I sincerely appreciate you sharing your knowledge. I will assign C1 to "Narrow Sensing" and give that a try next time I encounter the problem I like that a WHOLE lot better then disabling the front and rear sensors.
Again thanks for your timely response.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers