Flytrex question

I have a flytrex core 2..... Its a great unit, but I hate to upload any data to anyone :twisted: :twisted: ....
Your software is exactly what I need.... Please put me on the list. :D

Then you will love it ! That IS the solution! (its not my software, I just support the Author). Be patient.

Sheesh waited two months for the Trax and finally gave up.

Now I'm waiting on the Flytrex Live. Still no shipping confirmation on mine.

Anyone received their's yet?

I've been trying to find some instruction on where to solder power leads that are required with the flytrex live. I haven't found any instructional or video for the Phantom or P2V+ for that matter. Looking at the boards I'm not sure exactly where I want to tap in.

Here is Simon's video review & install guide for the Live. Skip to around 10:30 for where to solder the power leads:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU8QqwC3kdw[/youtube]

Excerpt from an email I received from Flytrex today:

"I expect shipments to be out no later than the end of this week which would mean you should receive by the end of next week with express shipping (up to 4 business days). "

Is there a list somewhere of all the data that Flytrex logs?
It plugs into the GPS data stream so I gather it logs all GPS information. Is GPS altitude included in that data? How about the number of satellites locked?
I see it has it's own temperature and barometric altitude sensors so it's logging that data as well.
From what I can see on the website it's only Lat/Lon, Altitude and Temp and that's all.

Does it log the battery voltage by any chance?

Any other data?
It's not connected to anything else so I guess it couldn't log any other information.

srandall25 said:
Excerpt from an email I received from Flytrex today:

"I expect shipments to be out no later than the end of this week which would mean you should receive by the end of next week with express shipping (up to 4 business days). "

Unfortunately that's what they said last week too... :(

I am in New Zealand and have a few. How can I upload one?

Dirty Bird said:
Sheesh waited two months for the Trax and finally gave up.

Now I'm waiting on the Flytrex Live. Still no shipping confirmation on mine.

Anyone received their's yet?

Ordered my TRAX on May 8th; it arrived today, FINALLY!

cahutch said:
Is there a list somewhere of all the data that Flytrex logs?
It plugs into the GPS data stream so I gather it logs all GPS information. Is GPS altitude included in that data? How about the number of satellites locked?
I see it has it's own temperature and barometric altitude sensors so it's logging that data as well.
From what I can see on the website it's only Lat/Lon, Altitude and Temp and that's all.

Does it log the battery voltage by any chance?

Any other data?
It's not connected to anything else so I guess it couldn't log any other information.

Cachutch,
Flytrex Core 2 data is 16 fields.
Latitude, longitude, altitude, ascent, speed, distance, max. altitude, max. ascent, max. speed, max. distance, time in milliseconds, date time (utc), date time (local), satellites, pressure, and temperature. You have to download your mission to your flytrex account to access the data in a excel spreadsheet. Hope this helps. :D

If anyone gets their Flytrex live please post where you are taping into for power leads on their VISION PLUS

Need help
Thanks

Fplvert said:
Cachutch,
Flytrex Core 2 data is 16 fields.
Latitude, longitude, altitude, ascent, speed, distance, max. altitude, max. ascent, max. speed, max. distance, time in milliseconds, date time (utc), date time (local), satellites, pressure, and temperature. You have to download your mission to your flytrex account to access the data in a excel spreadsheet. Hope this helps. :D
Thanks.
Is that Altitude value coming from the GPS altitude or the barometric altimeter?

It seems superfluous to log redundant data. Not that you don't have room for it, but
There's no on board airspeed sensor, Speed and distance can only be calculated from Latitude and Longitude changes. yeah?
Altitude and Ascent are calculated from pressure changes?
Local time is just an offset from UTC
The starting values will be in the first entry to calculate distance and ascent from and the max values will already be in the rest of data set.

I guess this is all the raw data that comes from the GPS and you just add your pressure and temperature values to it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair