flying to the edge of Mist

• Thread starter Deleted member 118536
  • Start date

This is my first time using YouTube built in editor . I dont thinks its for me what do you guys thin

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 118536

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Before making a Fuss about FAA >400ft please read YouTube Description

Thank you all very much for your support n Thanks for watching !!

Before making a Fuss about FAA >400ft please read YouTube Description

Thank you all very much for your support n Thanks for watching !!
Nice ghostly clip,,yes I done few above low could in hills ,nearly got lost once , drone came back all wet from mist or moisture in the air so not done for a while,
Yip watched few of your clips good work , keep it up

Nice ghostly clip,,yes I done few above low could in hills ,nearly got lost once , drone came back all wet from mist or moisture in the air so not done for a while,
Yip watched few of your clips good work , keep it up
Hey … After someone watches a full video and commits I listen but when some watches a few of them and speak they can direct my hand as for what I do next ? You just gave me maybe the best compliment I have received , subscribe , pick a topic / scene / location and I will provide what you ask :D[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you have to be defensive on something’s you do on this forum, but you can’t win. You didn’t read the FAA rules about flying in and around clouds did you? LOL
Sorry, I just had to.
Honestly didn't know they was such a thing . can you educate

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly didn't know they was such a think . can you educate
No, not much. People on this forum got on a guy for flying in the clouds. They quoted the rules and there was multiple posts on it. Planes and drones are not allowed to fly in clouds. There was also a limit on how close you can fly to a cloud. Not me. LOL

No, not much. People on this forum got on a guy for flying in the clouds. They quoted the rules and there was multiple posts on it. Planes and drones are not allowed to fly in clouds. There was also a limit on how close you can fly to a cloud. Not me. LOL
Amazing Outstanding , spectacular ! Tell me more about this

Amazing Outstanding , spectacular ! Tell me more about this
Talking about the video? I live on the top of a mountain. I flew off the edge. I guess I need to put the footage together in a video. Clouds are no problem where I live. Here's where I live.It is sort of a long mountain range with a wide top. Oops, pictures are reversed. This is my back yard.
Untitled-10.jpg
DJI_0002.jpg

Talking about the video? I live on the top of a mountain. I flew off the edge. I guess I need to put the footage together in a video. Clouds are no problem where I live. Here's where I live.It is sort of a long mountain range with a wide top. Oops, pictures are reversed. This is my back yard. View attachment 109382View attachment 109379
Where is this? It's beautiful!

I have flown through fog which essentially was 50 ft above AGL and topped Out at about 300 on top. Can anyone give me an FAR that says a drone cannot be flown in clouds. I won't do it anymore for one simple reason and I think it was mentioned above if you're flying through a thick Cloud deck your drone is going to get soaked as if someone sprayed it down with a hose. Clouds are just water vapor and collects quickly on the Drone if it does get into the engines you're done for. If there is a short and slow fog very thin I'll punch through it but I do it fast and coming back down I do the same thing. I would not stay in a cloud more than a minute or two only because of the moisture content

It appears it's for part 107. Can't find any non 107 rules. Still looking. But let's look at part 107. If you have an overcast sky and cloud deck 400ft or less your grounded. And lower clouds that have width distance your grounded. So cloud deck must be over 400 ft agl. Language says slant angle. Meaning if you have a 1900ft. Cloud base Partly sunny day, broken clouds, common weather in michigan Your grounded. Pilot slant angle from you to the drone u can't fly because you not 2000 ft slant angle horizontal, from clouds. So 107s for the most part must have heavy restrictions and lose customers because of the laws. In winter in the Midwest you my only have not have many days to film legal ly. I cant find restrictions like this for non 107s other than 400ft agl limitation.

It appears it's for part 107. Can't find any non 107 rules. Still looking. But let's look at part 107. If you have an overcast sky and cloud deck 400ft or less your grounded. And lower clouds that have width distance your grounded. So cloud deck must be over 400 ft agl. Language says slant angle. Meaning if you have a 1900ft. Cloud base Partly sunny day, broken clouds, common weather in michigan Your grounded. Pilot slant angle from you to the drone u can't fly because you not 2000 ft slant angle horizontal, from clouds. So 107s for the most part must have heavy restrictions and lose customers because of the laws. In winter in the Midwest you my only have not have many days to film legal ly. I cant find restrictions like this for non 107s other than 400ft agl limitation.

It’s actually 500’ NOT 400’ for being grounded as you need to stay 500’ below the clouds.
The slant distance is in reference to the minimum 3 mile visibility needed to see and avoid manned aircraft.
If you have cloud layer with base of 500’ or less NOT directly above you, you can fly as long as your sUAS keeps 2000’ horizontal distance from clouds.
And for the non 107 rules (hobbyists rules) where you cannot fly in clouds here it is
IMG_0457.jpg

If you are in the clouds or above (and this is very dangerous as VFR manned aircraft also have the same cloud distance requirements of sUAS along with 1000’ above clouds which doesn’t apply to sUAS as we are limited to 400’) you are breaking this rule and possibly putting lives in danger.

Last edited:
My guess was the Smokey Mtns. Thank you, it's awesome.
Oh no. Too many people in the Smokey's. To civilized and too touristy. Too many rules. I love my Wild Wonderful West Virginia. I can get away from people and do my thing. Shucks, we can fly our drones in the state parks and the rangers have kept people from bothering me. LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic