Flying through tunnel

There isnt a smart RTH option.

I can see they have added the 'Hover' option under failsafe, apart from that there is no smart option.

The stupid app still bugs out and have had to clear RAM multiple times and even after I restart it, it would not show as connected.

I had to bring my bird down and restart the bird before I got a feed and signal back on the app.

DJI really need to sort this out :mad:

Once I get comfortable in ATTI mode I will attempt to go through a tunnel.

For now I'm just going to enjoy my bird and all the loving video's, pic's and views.

Also my app icon is still the same and say DJI Pilot and not GO however its the new interface :confused:

i would advise setting your return to home hight to liketen feet and have thee return to home point just outside the tunnel and that should do it,also set it to atti before so it wont get confused when it abrubtly loses gps.normally it has a diminishing gps before it changes.just a thought man good luck
Huh?
Do this only if your tunnel is straight as a ruler. Otherwise it will hit a wall as it goes for a straight line.
In any case, this is a moot point as GPS data is not available in tunnels, unless the tunnel in question is really short....

I did the fly few days before I saw this thread. It take some time to make the video. The tunnel sequence starts from 1:35.

Tunnel size: 5x5x60m. Shape: almost straight.

Few tips:

1. The option RC Signal Lost was turned ON for Landing.

2. I used GPS mode. Of course in the tunnel GSP signal was lost.

3. Take care about stronger air flow turbulence near the entrance. Unfortunately it's just around the point where GPS signal should be lost so it's hard to control P3.

4. In the tunnel I was running around 20-30 meters behind P3P.

5. Last but not least take care about traffic ;).

Video notes for P3P: used ND16 filter, 4k mode, edited in Adobe After Effects in 1080 HD. I didn't change the speed (timewarp) of tunnel sequence. It is as it was. Most of the clips were captured with P3P.

Thanks for viewing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow! Well done Sr., very good video, well edited and the place is perfect. Is it in Croatia? The tunnel part was well worth indeed, now makes complete sense.

Reactions: mzgm
I have been flying through tunnels and inside warehouses and factories . I fly in ATTI mode and have had no problems. I watch my controls carefully . Battery never goes below 50% for any of my indoor or enclosed flights but I had not thought at all about the RTH height. Probably not a bad idea to minimize while in low areas.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic