Flying through tunnel

Reaction score
Hi guys,

What mode shall I keep my P3 on when flying through a tunnel?

Me with it, say either underneath/behind it while flying through a tunnel.

P-GPS Mode or Atti mode?

I know its a bit of a silly question, just curious.

Also thinking of purchasing an Inspire 1, however I'm 2 minded as to weither I should buy it, have been hearing alot of dreadful things about it.

Thanks in advance

What is the point of having a drone in a tunnel? Can't you get the same footage with a vehicle mounted camera?

So what is this tunnel? I am curious now.

I have been tempted to fly into tunnels and mines where I fly but I am not good enough yet and stay a pretty good distance away from them at this point. Most the time I am hundreds and sometimes thousands of feet away and am concerned about losing signal and what the P3 might do in autonomous robot mode.

Wait till you get your Inspire. Which tunnel isis by the way?

Blackwall, Greenwich, Channel tunnel?

@Matty

The palms of my hands are itching to get the Inspire 1 and every time I see a picture or video I get excited (I know, its a gadget thing lol) but reading the Inspire Pilots forum it seems as though they are a lot more glitchy and buggy compared to the Phantom's, (touch wood) I havent had any issues with my P3.

Oh oh forgot to mention I did graze one of the propellers while trying to land on my P3 carry case at a park :p

If you're worried about RTH in the tunnel you can select "hover" in the new fail safe settings. Just make sure you change it back afterwards.

i would advise setting your return to home hight to liketen feet and have thee return to home point just outside the tunnel and that should do it,also set it to atti before so it wont get confused when it abrubtly loses gps.normally it has a diminishing gps before it changes.just a thought man good luck

i would advise setting your return to home hight to liketen feet and have thee return to home point just outside the tunnel and that should do it,also set it to atti before so it wont get confused when it abrubtly loses gps.normally it has a diminishing gps before it changes.just a thought man good luck

Thank you sir

If you're worried about RTH in the tunnel you can select "hover" in the new fail safe settings. Just make sure you change it back afterwards.

Is that available in the new 'Go' app? If so, can you advise, please, where I can find it? I have just installed the app and my bird is force landing with more than 30% battery left, which can't be right. I installed the app a couple of hours ago and have searched for the failsafe settings but have so far been unable to find them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr