Flying the phantom in China

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm going to China on vacation, I'll be in Beijing, Shanghai, Xitang, Guiline and countryside. I wonder if someone has flown in China, and if there are many restrictions there. Are they tolerant to drones? ( Phantom 2 + H3-3D + GoPro)
Regards,

Maybe if they made them there they might just be a tad tolerant with you :)

Probaly see a lot of them all over the place ! Isn't that where they go when you have a fly away !!

Intelligence for ya!

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

I thought I read a month or so ago that a tourist flying one near some old buildings taking photo/video was arrested but released. They held the drone and told him they would return it at the airport when he was leaving which they did.
I'm not 100% sure it was China but it was one of the countries over there with not quite a free government.

You might want to do some additional checking depending on where you plan to go. I did a web search but I can't find the article now.

dont know about the regulations.

but i know it is prohibited to fly over and near the forbidden city. i read an article about a photographer who flew above it, made some shots and ended arrested in the police station with no phantom during the remaining days of his trip. when he left china a police handed back the phantom at the airport.

I've always wanted to visit a Chinese prison.

I believe DJI has included those areas in the restricted flight zones in the NAZA firmware...in fact I think those geofences (forbidden city at least) were in there well before the airport restrictions were introduced.

no!

you should left your girlfriend at home and travel with the phantom :)

I asked DJI:
I'm going to continental China in a couple of days, and I have a Phantom 2 + H3-3D... Did you now if it's problematic flying there? Is OK to use a drone in China? Any restrictions?
They reply:
"Dear Sir/Madam ;
Thanks for your support on DJI.
Currently there is no such restirction in China.
Best Regards.
DJI Innovation"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl