Flying the friendly skies with your phantom?

Reaction score
Found a youtube video that actually had some good travelling advice.
Worries about your aircraft and parts landing all together with you?
Simple solution. Carry a gun.
As you are not allowed to lock your luggage without TSA approved locks, you will need to get two containers with TSA approved locks.
The gun doesn't have to be anything special either. Buy a case it will fit in. You should be able to get one at a flight counter in most airports.
You will need a declaration for the gun. Both now go in the big container.
Lock the big container.
Enjoy the flight and know your toy bird will be there ready to fly.

You actually need to use NON-TSA-approved locks to secure the firearm.

Better yet, ditch the hand cannon and don't check it in. Carry it on. No matter what, do NOT put your batteries in your checked bags.

Andrey320 said:
Somehow I imagine it being a big hassle traveling with a weapon....

It's really not that big a deal. Go to the TSA web site and your airline web site so you know what is expected of you ahead of time as far as packing correctly in the proper case and declaring it. I've never had it take more than 5 or 10 minutes. You can even bring the ammo with you (checked with the gun) preferably in it's store bought box.

I have flown with my Kimber handgun and never use TSA approve lock. I use a cable lock and the case my gun came in. I just declare it when I check in and it's super simple.

jimopar said:
Andrey320 said:

It's really not that big a deal. Go to the TSA web site and your airline web site so you know what is expected of you ahead of time as far as packing correctly in the proper case and declaring it. I've never had it take more than 5 or 10 minutes. You can even bring the ammo with you (checked with the gun) preferably in it's store bought box.
I agree, transporting firearms is no big deal. Biggest problem is ticket agents or TSA folks that don't know the rules, but that's far less of an issue these days than it used to be. I travel with a copy of the rules on my iPhone/iPad and a web address where they can look it up for themselves. You have to have a good case and good locks. And it's a good idea to pay attention to any announcements on the airport PA system (or make sure they have your cell phone number) in case they need you back to open the case. I have a Known Traveler Number, which gives an increased level of confidence (I'm told) and haven't had a single issue since.

Andrey320 said:

Frankly, flying AT ALL is a big hassle! :x

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl