Flying sideways

Reaction score
I took my p3 for a fly this am. I started to fly side ways and then stopped but the P3 stayed in a side ways position for about 20 seconds any one else have this happen and what was that all about

It sounds like your Phantom was flying in ATTI mode. If GPS assistance is not available, it will drift with the wind until you apply throttle in the opposite direction. The current mode is displayed at the top of the DJI Pilot application. It's a good idea to keep an eye on that.

You mean tilted to the side (sideways position) or continued to coast along?

No I was in gps mode and it was just hovering there at a 45 degree angle--

Really!

How can it do that?

Strong winds then? If it was stationary not drifting with the wind then the it's got to be a strong wind tilting it. That's my guess.

Strong winds then? If it was stationary not drifting with the wind then the it's got to be a strong wind tilting it. That's my guess.

My guess is definitely wind! Or, maybe the vision sensors spotted a girl Phantom and was checking her out?

Or maybe I was just tired t 5:30 am and seeing things-- probably the latter-- there was not much wind- I thought maybe a motor had stopped working or something-- but you are probably right not physically possible

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj