Flying over water (lakes). GPS issues?

grahamgee said:
Okay, I see your point, I guess I was just curious about the 'safest' setting for the situation i was in over water as a sort of follow up question to the first inquiry.

As far as the home location fix goes, would that not pose the same issues, given that I was controlling it from within the boat, shooting with the boat as it moved? It's going to hit the geofence as described at one point or another after I set that home point right?

I've not had any RC issues what so ever aside from the issue I have described. It seemed strange that it was happening over water, So I guess now i'm looking to see what 'safe' distances are to set within the software.

If I were you, I would find the largest radius you need and then set the limit to be just slightly larger than that. Just make sure you choose an appropriate launching point as that will be where the home location is set. If you have the option, I would set the home point on shore and then just keep the Phantom on until you get to where you want to use it. You may lose a couple percentage points of battery but if it only takes a few minutes, it's probably worth it.

Anyway, GPS is unlikely to be affected by a lake as much as the RC transmitter is. I am not certain of that but it makes sense.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20