Flying over fields

Hi I was flying my drone in my local park.i was at 300 feet flying over a farmer's field.my drone did fly over his house I was filming but not his house just flew over.i was approached by the farmer who asked if a camera was fitted to my drone.i told him yes and he said you can not film.i said I can I am in a public park.he then said well I don't want you to fly over my fields.so without making a song and dance about it I packed up and left.can anyone tell me if i can fly over fields I try not to fly over people and housing if i can help it just want to stay within the law thanks.
Whenever I can, I get permission. I always offer property owners some pictures or video of their property and so far, I've gotten 100% positive results. One particular farmer calls me up whenever they're plowing or combining and if I can, I go video them.

I have mentioned that I have a drone to all the farmers that border us and they don't have any issues with me flying over their places .This gives me around 5000ha to fly around .
One neighbour asked (with a smile ) if I was going to spy on them ? I asked was he doing anything interesting enough to warrant a look .He thought about it then said well ..no.
I stay away from the homes so I don't annoy anyone and all is good besides most of my neighbours are in their 60-70s so catching them sunbaking naked by the pool would definatly corrupt your SanDisc:eek:

Maybe he didn't want you to see how bad of a farmer he was. Ive seen some fields that I wouldn't want to call mine because they were farmer so poorly. Maybe it's worth about look.

IF you had a problem and the drone had to land way way out in the farmers field and YOU had to walk to get it......You could be in trouble because you were trespassing on private property and farmer John might even say you damaged his crops with the drone and your walk !

Maybe he didn't want you to see how bad of a farmer he was. Ive seen some fields that I wouldn't want to call mine because they were farmer so poorly. Maybe it's worth about look.
Could also be worried about animals. I recently took off about 100 yards from some cows. They got over it quickly, but they all spooked when it first went up. I never got any closer and they were ok afterward... But that could be a concern. I've had mixed reactions from animals. Some don't even seem to notice, others get very nervous.

Goats, in particular, don't seem to care much. I was at a friend's and all HIS goat was interested in was the cable between my iPad and remote... she kept trying to grab it.

Here in the uk I have flown numerous times over farm and farm land and even been asked to take some photographs from above a farm for the farmer and even when flying fairly low have not seen any animals get distressed due to my Drone.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT