Flying near wastewater treatment plant?

Reaction score
So I had a little flyaway type incident today while flying my P3S over a river. Crazy amounts of interference and I can't think of anything that might cause it. No cell towers in sight (At least that I could see or find on google maps), or anywhere near enough to location to cause issues. I wasn't near houses with wifi either. KP safe to fly at 4, uavforecast said it was safe to fly.

The only thing I can think of is a wastewater treatment plant like "Gold Bar Wastewater Treatment Plant" to the right of where I was flying. Could that cause issues for a drone even up to 1km away?

In regards to my flight, is this expected behaviour for the drone to fly around without any input? Kinda freaked out enough that I'm not going to fly my phantom in the city ever again.

PS. I did calibrate the compass in the field there before flying. Once I landed the bird after all of this I moved to a school 1.1km away and tried re-calibrating the compass. Did that and took it up again and the same errors.

PPS. I got the drone back safely, contrary to what the video shows.

Coodinates:
First flight: 53.562106, -113.423204
Second Flight: 53.551083, -113.423108

Flight:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Have flown multiple times next to and over two different waste water plants; no issues.

Reactions: DatScreamer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.