Flying Indoors

Edit: Turn off all forced air systems including heating, AC, any overhead fans, etc. Use prop guards!

Last edited:
The problem I found flying in a small room is that the drone creates its own wind and this makes it difficult to control. It wanders all over the room and changing direction doesn't always happen as you plan. There are a few marks on the furniture where I didn't get it quite right. It certainly is good training to sharpen your reactions. :)

The problem I found flying in a small room is that the drone creates its own wind and this makes it difficult to control. It wanders all over the room and changing direction doesn't always happen as you plan. There are a few marks on the furniture where I didn't get it quite right. It certainly is good training to sharpen your reactions. :)
Heh. Reminds me, last time I flew indoors it was a space that had been used for a holiday party. It had been cleaned up but not perfectly. Sparkles flying everywhere!!!

Does the Standard have VPS (the bottom sensors)? If so, keeping it low should help.

Make sure you are in ATTI mode by switching ... NOT by letting automatics do it because lack of sats ... Why ? You may find that certain areas particularly near windows that it picks up odd sat ... you must avoid that. So select Atti mode ..

Here's flying a P3S in our party room ....

Nigel

Reactions: Neon Euc
I would not suggest any beginner to fly indoors.

Choose a clear area ... DO NOT auto take off ... but do a CSC manual rise so you go up very slow from the floor.

Nigel

Reactions: nacraracer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl