Flying in the City

I do it every day. I live in a city.

No problems here. Just make sure that if you have buildings, to set RTH above the tallest one. DON'T FORGET THIS. otherwise you may accidentally go behind one and loose complete contact and guess what...it will head home no matter what's in it's way if low enough. Do a goggle search for tallest building in your city. Otherwise, Don't let anything come between you and the bird.

There is a lot to consider when flying in the city. Air traffic, people, vehicles, RF, magnetic interference, privacy, sensitive locations. All that said, it can be done:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There is a lot to consider when flying in the city. Air traffic, people, vehicles, RF, magnetic interference, privacy, sensitive locations. All that said, it can be done:

Ian love your videos of the LA skyline
I would love to do one of downtown San Jose but I think I would be chancing it since it's a few miles if that from SJO airport

What are your thoughts about flying -in- above or over- a City-?
I'm going out on a limb here and going to suggest if you are asking the question you probably need more practice away from the city or in a park prior to flying in the city.

Reactions: Coldfire

those are great shots. What settings do you use on your video camera? Any filters? ISO, White balance, shutter speeds? Color corrections?

Thanks for this link, makes me realize how far I have to go before I consider myself even a rookie apprentice cinematographer. Awesome. This just shows how good the P3 is.

What does flying in the city have to do with a Phantom 3 specifically?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic