Flying in higher elevations

John, That sounds like it was an amazing and nerve testing flight! I would like to see the video of that.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Here ya go. Most of my footage was terrible from high winds. I edited out all the bad video which left only 2 min of video from a total of 16 min of capture. Several times I would simply have to wait for the gusts to settle down in a hover. Once a little calmer I would proceed. The P4 was a trooper. I whipped this out so I could see it myself.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Very nice video, Very clear / sharp. I think I can see my house when you panned East :). Can you tell me, the 2x zoom, is that on the P4 or was that in post processing?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The 2X zoom is a Phantom feature. While flying with an iOS device you can zoom in 2X by using a spread and pinch gesture on the screen. This only works when shooting in 1080. It's a lossless digital zoom that crops the 4k sensor. It works well and really comes in handy when searching for something, or you want to stay a good distance from whatever you're looking at, for noise or safety reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky Pirate
My brother has been climbing all the Colorado "14er's" and I have wanted to go with him to get some ridge top video.... when the stars and our schedules align I will make it happen!

I wonder if there would be a prop design that would work better at high altitude, eg larger blade slightly longer etc

My brother has been climbing all the Colorado "14er's" and I have wanted to go with him to get some ridge top video.... when the stars and our schedules align I will make it happen!
Next year, I will be visiting my dad who lives in Woodland Park, Colorado. It happens to be right next to Pike's Peak, so If we get a chance to make a trip up, I will try to fly from the summit at over 14,000'. Several years ago when we drove up, the weather was really nice. However, last time I was up there, we took the cog railway up, It was below zero with strong winds. No way in heck would I try to fly in similar conditions.

Hi John, nice vid. You say the zoom is available on iOS devices, as you appear not to use any android systems do you know if it will or will not work on android please?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers