Flying in Brazil

Reaction score
I am a UK based CAA authorised commercial drone pilot. I have a job coming up (for a UK client) in a few weeks that will require some filming in Brazil.

Has anyone travelled from the UK and had any experience flying in Brazil or does anyone based in Brazil have any info on rules and regs to comply with?

Many thanks! A

Looks like commercial flying is (still) prohibited in Brazil.

Recreational flying requirements:
  • You must be at least 18 years old to fly a drone in Brazil

• You must carry insurance at all times to cover third party damage

• You must register the operator and equipment information.

• You cannot invade others privacy while flying your drone

• You must keep your drone at least 30 meters away from people while in operation

• You cannot use FPV and must keep your drone within visual line of sight at all times

• You must operate under 400 feet and under 200 feet in urban areas

• Do not operate your drone in bad weather

• Keep your drone away from airports and areas where aircraft are operating
Brazil Drone Laws – UAV Systems International

Commercial Drone Laws in Brazil | Aerial Drone Laws in Brazil

A friend of mine had to use a helicopter to film in Brazil - factor in hire prices when you quote

Hi... Here in Brazil we are now updating the drone laws... But I think you will have problems with our radio homologation... In the airports they are looking for a ANATEL radio homologation on the drones, and if your drone is not homologated by ANATEL, probably you will have problems!

Hi there I am a British drone pilot fully registered and insured to fly drones commercially in Brazil. If coming from abroad you need to make sure your drone is registered with ANATEL and ANAC before arriving so that your drone will not be retained by Customs and will be authorised to operate in Brazil. Then you need to apply for specific permissions to fly with the Brazilian Aviation authority called DECEA for which you need to be a DECEA-registered pilot. Alternatively you can hire a local DECEA registered pilot like me with fully insured and ANATEL/ANAC-registered operational drones. I have provided aerial cinematography services to the likes of Netflix, Discovery and the BBC here in Brazil and you can see more of my work at www.flowfilms.co.uk anyone filming in Brazil feel free to drop me a line!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj