Flying in a tunnel

Result: I tried. It was terrible difficult. I did not fly the whole tunnel and did not went down the sjakt. This was not the right place for my drone or I am not a good enough drone pilot to to stunt like this. In a tunnel like this there are air moving at all time and the drone did the same. Thank you for all the good advises. My advise is: Don`t do it

Result: I tried. It was terrible difficult. I did not fly the whole tunnel and did not went down the sjakt. This was not the right place for my drone or I am not a good enough drone pilot to to stunt like this. In a tunnel like this there are air moving at all time and the drone did the same. Thank you for all the good advises. My advise is: Don`t do it
From the way you described it, I'm of the opinion that it would take one helluva good pilot to pull that off. No offense Roger! I'm no grand expert pilot either, but I can fly in some pretty mean places. Didn't sound like anything I wanted to try. The only way to know for sure was to give it a shot. Sounds like you learned something you can pass on to those of us who might think it'd be easy. It ain't!

Brad

I'm a pretty good ATTI flyer ... I practice through the trees on my estate ... I have various multi-rotors that have only ATTI mode (6 axis) stabilisation ... and as earl;ier post - I have a reasonable idea of what Roger was attempting - having spent time in Nato and Russian Fuel Storage Tunnels .....

I would not try flying in there ...

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Thanks for the update. But you never really know if you don't try.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shoot4fun

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164