Flying drone into fireworks?

Finally found it. Flying in fireworks.

Here is my advise if you want to fly close to a display firework show.

Don't hesitate to head down to the shoot site the day of the shoot about noon or so to talk to the display operator. Sometimes by then they may have safety tape or something set up to mark the safe area where they must stop any unauthorized person from entering. Please by no means continue past any safety tape. The reason is, there is a chance of an accidental discharge while the fireworks are being ematched and loaded in the tubes. These accidents are real, have happened and have killed firework personnel in the past. So, be aware that if you get to close, you will probably be met by someone very quickly asking who you are. They will have an negative attitude if you have went threw their safety tape. Anyway, attempt to get ahold of someone and ask for the display operator. Inform him (or her) of your intentions to fly and capture the show and ask if they could point you to the area that would be the safest to fly to and get the best shots. Squeeze in the point that you will not fly over the shoot site at anytime during the show. Hopefully, he or she will be respectful back to you and give you the information you need and help you out. He can then let the fire chief and police know that you will be in the area and you have a safe plan (they are all watching for safety issues). Believe me, we as display operators know that firework displays will continue to have more and more UAVs around them and a team effort would work out to everyone's advantage. I have been aggressively advocating the cooperation on both sides of the fence. At most displays, there usually is an area that could be considered by the authorities as a safe "drone zone" during the live display (some displays may not). And the whole reason for all this is just as Al said in his post. A display operator has the right (as a safety measure) to stop the show if a drone is in the safe area. If its you that stops the display, remember this. Cities and Towns pay ALOT of money for these events. Some are coria graphed to music which takes several hours alone. Interrupting their display will do nothing but have municipalities advocate for more and more regulation. I'm not going to get into a regulation issue with who can do what in this thread because its irrelevant to me. Bottom line is, if we all push for responsible common sense practice, the outcome will be better than if we don't.

If fling threw fireworks is what you want to do, contact me and we will arrange for this to happen safely on private property where there is absolutely no chance of an innocent person or someone's property (other than your bird) being injured or damaged. I have made this offer before and it still stands.

Enjoy your 4th of July, fly safe and responsible, encourage others to do the same and get those good vids and pictures posted up soon.

#7Indiana_pyro, Jun 30, 2017

Last edited:
I think it's a hoot, however, people has already done it and could have lost their drone, I would stop their and enjoy someone's else work on you tube without the risk of losing your own toy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj