Flying drone in cruise ports

Reaction score
Alright someone school me. We're going on a Caribbean cruise in March 2017 and I've got permission from the cruise line to allow me to bring the drone but they saying it's my responsibility to know the rules and regulations of each port. Question is does anyone know where to find these? Or has anyone had experience flying in Belize, Costa Maya, Honduras, and Cozumel?
b2a30edd3a579f34c15301c56215147b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Falcon900
I would suggest contacting the ship's agent at each port before going on the cruise. The ship's agency is a local company at each port that takes care of all the legal details of a ship in port including passenger operations, they'll know. Now, finding who the ship's agent is will be the hard part.

If you're going to Roatan you'll have little to no trouble flying, they're pretty cool. Belize, you should be careful and I recommend you abstain from flying. Crime and theft is pretty high there. Cozumel, there's a high chance you might get stopped by an uninformed police officer and Costa Maya is a pretty small self sustained community so I doubt you'll have any problems.

Remember not to fly at the pier, the law is to stay 100 yards away from cruise ships.

This company might be able to help direct you in the right direction: Intercruises

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic