Who has Flown in Cozumel or Roatan or Belize?

Reaction score
Im in process of doing my Homework here. I Have Till Dec to make a decision. Im taking a Cruise thats going to Grand Caymen, Belize, Cozumel, and Roatan Honduras. I already know that Drones are allowed on the ship as long as they are only used in port. But, Has anybody here flown a Drone in any of these places? I only plan on flying in 2 of them at moment. Cozumel is one of them. There are places on other side of island that is people free and deserted.

Even if I dont use it ashore, the main reason Im taking it is to do a couple cruise ship chases from Beach in FLL the day before my ship leaves. Since I live in Atlanta area, I dont have that option unless im traveling. Who here has flown in these places and who did you contact if any for permission?

Last edited:
Can a DJI fly from a cruise ship?
You didnt read my post carefully. LOL. WHEN USED ASHORE... Anyhow.. NO I dont reccomend flying from a ship. Even though I have seen videos of people doing it. To much metal to get the compass calibrated properly. Carnival Cruises allows Camera Drones onboard as long as they stay in cabin and only used when in port.

No problems in Cozumel last month
Ive been there about 10 times and on other side Island is mostly deserted and plenty of places to stop to get a couple flights. This may be the only port out of the 4. Belize I was temped to fly from the tender area between runs to get views of the ship from the air. Ive been there 2 other times, but never went past the tender drop off. That port didnt look very safe unless you booked a tour. Roatan, I ll look at a Map. Ive been there once. I figured I can take a walk away from everyone. Dunno..

They make it sound like you need a Licence to able to fly. Ive been there several times but never been anywhere close to airport or Prison. I have been to 7 mile beach 2 times. Last time I walked about a mile off to right of tender drop off to a good place to snorkle. It may of been within the Gorgetown city limits. Who knows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers