Flying At the Beach

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have seen some videos of the Phantom flying over the ocean. However, I am a bit hesitant to take mine to the beach, because I am not sure how the salt air will affect my unit, especially the metal motors and interior parts. I know that the body is plastic, but I am concerned that the salt air will be able to infiltrate through the vents. What do you all think?

I wouldn't let that stop you
I live right on the salt water atlantic side and no doubt corrosion occurs at a faster rate than it would in a place like arizona but only the iron bits.
I use stuff called deoxit for keeping connectors in my audio gear free of oxidation and my use some on the battery connectors and and such
Its not like sea air poison gas or something
Think of all those ww2 planes flying accross ocean waters boming the hell out of the other side. Their planes didn't rust and crash into the water. They had to get shot down to fall in the water.
Your quad will be as safe as your flying skills

I used to be undecided but I.m not sure about that anymore

halfpipe said:
Think of all those ww2 planes flying accross ocean waters boming the hell out of the other side. Their planes didn't rust and crash into the water.

No, they didn't. But, aluminum doesn't rust. And those planes had the best anti-corrosion treatment money could buy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav