Flyaway Prevention Idea Gone South...???

So I think I'm comfortable now that you need to let the Phantom go through the yellow slow flash....green fast flash....green slow flash sequence and then either CSC or CSC and takeoff to get a home position. If you move the Phantom before CSC or CSC and takeoff, you get a new home position when you do finally CSC or CSC and takeoff.

So I'm going to assume all the home position switching I did had no affect on anything.....once I CSC and took off, it set home position and that was verifies by the RTH.

Now, my only concern is why on my maiden flight did my brand spanking new P2V+ initiate RTH after less than 30 seconds of flying when it had only flown 100ft? Is this an indication something is wrong with it and should be returned? My first P2V+ went 10 days and countless flights without ever initiating RTH on its own.

RedRyderMedia said:
Now, my only concern is why on my maiden flight did my brand spanking new P2V+ initiate RTH after less than 30 seconds of flying when it had only flown 100ft? Is this an indication something is wrong with it and should be returned? My first P2V+ went 10 days and countless flights without ever initiating RTH on its own.

THAT is the thing that has been bugging me as well... like I said, I have done the same as you did multiple times and never had an RTH happen so early in the flight or so close to the controller... but knowing me I would test that again and see if you actually have some sort of transmitter or receiver problem... check the antennas in the Phantom legs and make sure they are straight... Take the back off the controller and make sure the transmitter antenna wire Is plugged in... A few simple checks like that before you return it could save some time and grief waiting for a new unit to arrive...

Or you may just find out you had a totally random occurrence... I've heard stranger stories on these forums for sure :ugeek:

RedRyderMedia said:

If you were very very very uniform with your stick input when flying to the second location 100ft away then you MAY have initiated the receiver advanced protection function. (See page 20 of Naza-M manual)

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .24_en.pdf

Flighttime said:
RedRyderMedia said:

If you were very very very uniform with your stick input when flying to the second location 100ft away then you MAY have initiated the receiver advanced protection function. (See page 20 of Naza-M manual)

I'm flying in Phantom/Ready to Fly mode and not NAZA mode.

I stopped by my dealer to ask them for advice. They were surprised by the behavior of my P2V+, but thought it might have just received some wifi interference. Their suggestion was fly somewhere else.....but if it happened again, bring it back and they would look at replacing the transmitter/receiver. They did check out my Tx and Phantom and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. They said go fly and have fun......I think I will go fly and worry some......:)

RedRyderMedia said:
Flighttime said:
RedRyderMedia said:

I'm flying in Phantom/Ready to Fly mode and not NAZA mode.

From a video, I once saw (can't find the link now), it doesn't have to be in vision mode to have this protection as its built into the Naza-M V2 firmware.

What this feature means is that if you gave the exact same stick input from the Tx (except for center sticks) for 20 seconds, then it will activate reciever advanced protection and subsequently RTH. So in your scenario, if you launched from home point, hovered and then moved your right stick fully and kept that exact same stick position while the P2V+ was moving 100ft away then the Naza-M v2 controller (via the Rx) in the P2V+ may have discarded your right stick Tx signal thinking it had latched onto a bad signal and initiated RTH.

But all this is very difficult to initiate as you'd have to be dead still with your right stick input for the P2V+ to think it has latched onto a bad signal

this feature must be similar to the contexts described by Collin Guinn about 10 sec - same for next 110 sec and same for next 10 sec..then initiate RTH thingy.

Update: I decided to grow a pair and go flying......unfortunately, it didn't go well.

A few seconds after taking off, the green lights at the rear started flashing yellow and the FPV display showed something like Control Signal Lost. I expected the Phantom to go into RTH sequences gain like last night, but then the flashing yellows returned to slow flashing green and I was able to land the Phantom safely myself.

So, it looks like I'm 0 for 2 on P2V+.

I shipped my first one back to DJI earlier this afternoon for a refund because of the black FPV screen, and now I need to take the second one back to the dealer Monday because of signal lost issues.

One thing is for sure, I'm not going to Vegas this weekend or buying any lotto tickets......and another weekend of not flying. :-(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair