Fly Strong Insurance...

Reaction score
I'm looking for insurance for my drone. i use Verifly while out and about for now since I don't fly commercially enough yet to justify full coverage. Verifly doesn't cover the drone though, so I'm looking for insurance that does.

I have State Farm for my renters insurance, but heard they won't cover commercial drones, I'll have to confirm that.

I found this company, Fly Strong, www.flystrong.com, that will cover full replacement for the P3P for $16/month.

Has anyone used them, or heard anything about them?

Thanks,

Yaniv

Sounds too good to be true.....just $16/month and if I fly my drone right into a wall....they'll give me a new one if unrepairable? Yeah I'd like to hear any from anyone with experience with this place. Does sound tempting to be honest

Yes State Farm will insure your quad. My policy is $60 a year and covers $1200. No deductible. Covers theft, loss, etc. Call them up and ask them to talk to Underwriter to verify. If they still don't believe you get their email address and tell them I will email my policy number so they can see they do indeed insure. The agent will then call the Underwriter. They usually don't know they insure because not a common item.

Basically do not go with flystrong when State Farm will insure your quad even if you don't have a policy with them.

Just reading through my travelers home owners insurance and states model aircraft not designed to carry cargo or people is covered. Need to get more clarification though....

State Farm will not cover you if you fly commercially, that was one of the first questions my agent asked

State Farm will not cover you if you fly commercially, that was one of the first questions my agent asked

Same. But, if I'm out flying for fun, they'll cover it at no extra cost. Still need to find insurance that'll cover the drone itself, not just liability.

I'm in MA and found that State Farm doesn't insure drones in this state and in RI. I'm still trying to find a company that offers the same coverage as State Farm at a reasonable price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72