Fly in a perfect circle

helishmeli said:
Pull_Up said:
At £700 just for the Wookong controller I can't see it being cost-effective given the Phantom frame, never mind that it might not even be possible to fit it in there (both in terms of size and connectivity, etc). The Phantom range is designed to be a controller/frame package, unlike the flamewheel series where you can fit whatever you want.

If you need all the pro tools in the Wookong then you probably ought to be thinking about a hex or octocopter capable of carrying pro camera gear. If you're really serious you could buy the A2 at a tad under £1000 just for the controller!

What do you mean when you say cost-effective given the phantom frame? It sounds like you are implying that you are talking about size (that it wont fit in the frame) but you said never mind implying that you weren't.
I don't know, it was 8 months ago! :) I think I meant that by the time you'd spent out on a Phantom, then bought an advanced controller, then hacked it all to work you'd have spent way more money than just going straight for an F450 or F550 and fitting a WooKong or A2 in there.

But like I said, 8 months ago! Maybe I was meaning something completely different. :)

I gave the "perfect circle" a shot today by setting the home lock in the middle of a field and then flew well out past the 10 meter "min HL" distance. I then used roll only input. It clearly flew in an arc but it seemed to be spiraling out from the home point until I ran out of room. Maybe instead of pure roll if I added a little reverse (stick right and slightly down) there would be a stick angle that would round it out.

with the Futaba's and other Tx's, you can mix two channels at once, with varying amounts and such.

So basically, you can make it so that your rudder is tied into the aileron by a certain amount, so that if you move one ay or the other, the rudder will also be affected. this will allow you to almost pull off the desired effect of rotating around a subject
but it would only work at a certain radius

Hi, could you please explain to a complete novice how you would set this up, and then how you would execute the maneuver? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4