Fly away

Reaction score
Two and a half weeks ago I bought a p4p and 5 days ago I had a fly away. DJI called it a controller malfunction. I have been searching for 5 days like I said still no luck finding it does anyone have any advice? I have looked through Woods more than I can ever think, I have passed out flyers all over neighborhoods close by and businesses, I have talked to everyone that I can within a mile radius. Last known coordinates were at my house as it ascended to 385 ft and then started coming down to 250 ft when I lost communication.

First, if you already know the last co ordinance from the flight log on your device, there may be no additional info to go on. However, if you upload your log at this link, we could possibly re-create a .kml file as to the radius to look in. Follow the instructions at the link below and place a link to that back here.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Two and a half weeks ago I bought a p4p and 5 days ago I had a fly away. DJI called it a controller malfunction. I have been searching for 5 days like I said still no luck finding it does anyone have any advice?
You got lots of advice on the first thread you started nearly a week ago.
It's here: Fly away
If you want help, you will have to come up with the recorded flight data.

Also, please share any details you remember about your flight.

I can't get my controller to hook up to my computer it's an older computer and I can't get it to hook up to an iMac either. But I will share my flight or at least what I remember. I took off from the back side of my house. I was just going to circle the house in the point of Interest mode. I went up to about a hundred and sixty feet and was just going to circle the house. when I put it in the POI mode is when everything went haywire. I looked down for a brief moment at my screen and then look back up and it was gone. I couldn't hear it nor could I see it. from the flight records if flew to the top of my driveway then down to the bottom of my driveway then it came back to me and then shot across the field to the front of my barn. As all this was going on I hit return to home and then I hit it a second time and held it. From the flight records after it shot across the field it stopped right in front of my barn then ascended to 385 ft and then started to drop like it was going to land but it only got two about 260 ft before my screen went black. According to the flight records at this point it just sat and did a 360 like it couldn't find home. I had several Wi-Fi, compass and GPS warnings. again I didn't know where it was. This was the last known location. I will send a picture with the next reply

84A1C042-8216-4360-970D-0D81EA40A41C.png

I know How to get my flight records but I don’t know where to send them and I don’t know how to read them

Either upload the TXT file here or upload it here and post the link back here.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
msinger, your patience is incomparable ... :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayga