fly away problems

Reaction score
I have a phantom 2 that was working perfectly fine for the first 10 flights or so.Then the first thing I noticed going wrong it wasn't holding position very well.Now it just takes off. Twice I was able to recover it one time it had a hard landing

Welcome to the forum !
What P2 do you have ?
What software are you running ?
Have you had any hard landings or crashes in the 10 or so flights ?

Phantom 2 model #P330Z with H3-3D gimbal.After having this problem we downloaded the latest firmware.After the hard landing we noticed the gimbal was chattering when lean to one side so we straightened and downloaded new gimbal software problem seems to have gone away on the gimbal end of it.Still have having the fly a way problem . I'm also using fat shark predator v2.

A friend did the download I guess the imu download is the gimbal. Redid the latest download again today and seems to be flying good.fyi if quodcopter doesn't sync re download driver.

Read up on how to properly calibrate IMU and compass BEFORE you fly it. Very important to get that right.

The IMU calibration is not a download but an important process if you crash. Set the Phantom down on a firm, dead flat surface, plug in the USB cable and follow the instructions in the assistant software. I would do a full calibration rather than the basic. If you are unsure, have a search on the forum for full instructions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers