FLY AWAY ISSUES???

Reaction score
What makes my Phantom 3 Standard Fly AWAY in a open field??????? I'm sending it back to DJI today! If it continues I'm getting rid of it!

Your flight log will probably explain what happened. You can upload and view your TXT flight log online here. If you'd like other people to comment on it, please post a link back here after you upload it.

You need to upload your flight log so we can have a look-see.

What version, and iOS or Android?

Firmware version of phantom?

Were you getting compass errors?

Last time you did a compass calibration?

When you up load your flight log and share it (copy / paste the results URL here), when then can all view it.

Like this one, I determined all by myself that motor overload was caused by a cold battery or defective battery.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

This is a used P3A, never had these messages with P3S, this battery was one I used in my P3S. I will make sure it is warmer and topped off before I try it again.

Your turn,,,, ;)

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Rod

@msinger ,

Dang, I never saw a notice while I was typing out my reply. :rolleyes:

Rod

I always calibrate it first. It's just frustrating! Buying blades over and over again! Now blade guards broken....Ive got a lot invested. Phantom 3 standard 4 batteries, Leds another external battery, 9.7 tablet, 3 remote chargers and other extras lens, landing gear, camera guard etc. I'm sending back to DJI for repair and if I get it back and still have problems I'm getting rid of it!

Compass or GPS error may lead to flyaway if you are not careful. User can control it in ATTI mode then. Check your logs for details.

I always calibrate it first. It's just frustrating! Buying blades over and over again! Now blade guards broken....Ive got a lot invested. Phantom 3 standard 4 batteries, Leds another external battery, 9.7 tablet, 3 remote chargers and other extras lens, landing gear, camera guard etc. I'm sending back to DJI for repair and if I get it back and still have problems I'm getting rid of it!
If you want help from the forum members you need to upload your logs and post the link here. Your posts are not detailed to the point needed for real help.

Mine did the same thing, especially when I was under the
impression that I needed to calibrate it every new flight area.

Calibrated it in a open field with zero noise and leave it alone.

Reactions: Ranger 007
To late DJI told me to send it back to them for a new unit and controller. It in the mail now!
It's not too late if you want to learn what the issue was to help you prevent it happening again.
The app Your phone or tablet contains flight records.
Uploading as mentioned above and pasting a link here you will get valuable analysis.

I think this is pilot error... My phantom 3 standard has been the first and only drone I have, no issues at all. When you need to calibrate your aircraft make sure it is away from any metal in your body... including cellphones or car keys. I have been flying five times and it fly beautiful and stable.

Last edited:
Reactions: meissner58
Need the log, a bad compass calibration can cause a fly away.

Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

Rod
Good morning Rod :
I have several question hope you will help ?
I am flying with I Pad air and phantom 3 standard.
I've been at this about a month.
I flew straight up 110 feet (first time over 45 feet scared the hell out of me,) came down to 20 feet and went into 18 foot poi mode ,phantom circled and screen went blank no control . disconnected , land immediately, land immediately controls have timed out,repeated several times
New charge on battery so I had maybe 15 minutes to figure out what to do. switch RC off and on ,no change. went into setting initiated Phantom YFIY and back in business with last light on battery flashing. Now i'm afraid to fly ,what if It had been going straight up like 20 seconds earlier, I would not know anything but its gone by-by. I was under the impression if something like this happened it would RTH.? any thoughts ,DJI was no help ,went on and on about USB cable on phantom 3 standard .I knew I was on the wrong page. What a waste of time 17th in the Que.
Thanks
Ray

Last edited:
I think this is pilot error... My phantom 3 standard has been the first and only drone I have, no issues at all. When you need to calibrate your aircraft make sure it is away from any metal in your body... including cellphones or car keys. I have been flying five times and it fly beautiful and stable.

DJI called it defective and had me return it to them for replacement.

Reactions: macoman

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164