Fly a stored flight plan, relative to MY position?

Reaction score
I'd like to store, say, several selfie flight plans (profiles?), that could be brought up and flown relative to my current position (instead of as fixed GPS waypoints).

That way, where ever I happen to be (or an object/landmark/whatever), and as long of course as I check that the given selfie flight plan /profile will be safe to fly, I wouldn't have to have separate GPS waypoint flight plans for each object/landmark.

Are there any apps for the Phantom that can do this? Or maybe for the 3DR platforms?

Thanks.

I'm not aware of that kind of feature, which essentially should reset every waypoint coordinates accordingly to your present position.

But in Litchi you can copy any mission, resize, rotate and move it to another location. Not an automatic solution, but maybe could solve your present needs.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Thanks guys...yeah...duh...I was just reading up on Litchi...I use it all the time to fly FPV, but wasn't aware of the finer point of waypoint missions.

Thanks...

I'm not aware of that kind of feature, which essentially should reset every waypoint coordinates accordingly to your present position.

But in Litchi you can copy any mission, resize, rotate and move it to another location. Not an automatic solution, but maybe could solve your present needs.

Ed,

Is the mission drag and rotate, only available on the Litchi Mission Hub website? That's not very useful when out in the field. I can't seem to find a way to drag/rotate on my Android phone.

What I'd like to be able to do is when I arrive at a new location, load up a flight plan on my phone, and drag it to that new location.

Thanks...

--

Bill

Ed,

Is the mission drag and rotate, only available on the Litchi Mission Hub website? That's not very useful when out in the field. I can't seem to find a way to drag/rotate on my Android phone.

What I'd like to be able to do is when I arrive at a new location, load up a flight plan on my phone, and drag it to that new location.

Thanks...

--

Bill

I believe you are right, had never tried it on site, can't find how to do that using just the Android app (I usually save different versions of the missions just using the Hub).

Maybe you could ask for that feature on a future upgrade, I believe the math involved is not that complicated (relocate to your present position. Resize and rotate may have a reason for not being present at the mobile App).

Try contacting them on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/flylitchi/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20